Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Female FitnessProgress UpdateTraining Programs

Experience and opinions on fitness program17088

tb92 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey everyone,

I have been trying to start the 12 week female fitness program. See the link http://www.simplyshredded.com/the-ultimate-female-training-guide.html
However, I end up completing the workouts in 15 min. I feel like I am doing something wrong? The only time I feel anything is leg day and that is probably because of the squats. My diet is sorted out very well but its the working out that I am having problems with. I am 5'7 and about 165 lbs. I am trying to lose about 20 lbs but not sure what is going on. If you did this program please let me know what worked for you!

Thank you in advance.
Post 1 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
If you're completing the workouts in 15 minutes the weights are too light.

I would focus on finding the appropriate weight for the compound lifts (bench, squat and DL). One way to do that is to use a site like http://www.strengthstandards.co/ to determine your 8 rep max for each of the compound lifts. (The weights on the non-compound lifts aren't as important - pick something challenging but not crazy would be my advice.)

Use those numbers as a ballpark figure for your bench, DL, and Squat. The weight should be do-able if but still exhausting, even if you take a five minute break in between sets.

Weight loss is about a calorie deficit... unlike cardio weight training (even at a more intense level than you're currently doing won't burn many calories).

So for weight loss you need to focus on your diet. Sounds like that's under control but I think your goal of losing 20 pounds is too crazy. I'd focus on losing 5 pounds over 6 weeks; or better yet dropping 1 pound over 1 week.

Problem is that as you cut your strength will decrease so just keep that in mind as you progress through the training program.

Does that help?
Post 2 IP   flag post
@mikew yes that helps! Thank you! So should the whole workout take about 30 min on average? Also, how much rest time do you suggest I take between reps and sets? I was thinking 30 sec between reps and 2 min between sets. What do you think?
Post 3 IP   flag post
For the workout you linked, I'd personally budget 1 hour: 15 minute warm up then 45 mins for the workout

I'm a believer in the saying "lift the light weights like they're heavy, and the heavy weights like they're light". So for compound lifts, I apply MAX effort to each set. Lighter weight = faster bar speed. For me, it takes about 5 minutes to fully recover in between each set.

You can move faster through the accessory lifts but if you're giving max effort on each at weight that is challenging but not too heavy you'll need longer to recover.
Post 4 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
@tb92 Welcome to SS. Is that you in your profile pic?
Post 5 IP   flag post
@mikew thank you that helps alot I will try it again and see how it goes.

@wannabemuscular hiii. No it is not. Some random fitness model! The current one is me
Post 6 IP   flag post
@tb92 It's hard to tell with that pic, but it doesn't really look like you need to drop 20lb.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemuscular
@tb92 It's hard to tell with that pic, but it doesn't really look like you need to drop 20lb.

^ THIS

From the avi it looks like you should focus on some @SRorhrbac0808 style GAINZ
Post 8 IP   flag post
@wannabemuscular yeah I just have a more curvier body that I want to slim down.

@mikew I will check out his profile!
Post 9 IP   flag post
@tb92 haha, that makes me think you have a nice big butt. I like butts

Either way, good luck on your goals. This is definitely a good place to hang and get motivation and lots of knowlege. Check out our FAQ thread for great info on diet and training. Maybe there are some things there you're missing: SS FAQ
Post 10 IP   flag post
@wannabemuscular LOL. Something like that.

Will do. Thank you!
Post 11 IP   flag post
340769 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?
destitute