Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Split AdviceSquats

Numb Hand from squats?17076

nine0seven private msg quote post Address this user
So last night I squatted 315 for reps & ever since my right hand as been hella numb. It literally feels like someone gave me a beta-alanine shot in my right hand. It have never experienced this before. I don't do a powerlifting routine so I normally don't do heavy ass squats. Is this normal??
Post 1 IP   flag post
Zyzzst private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, since I cut down in body weight it's easier for my to cut off circulation to certain areas of the body. This almost happens every single time I do curls now. Try gripping the bar with a little less force, that may help
Post 2 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
No. That's not normal. I think the fact that you were aware enough of this to start a thread about it indicates you know something isn't right there. Is it the entire hand or just portions of it (ie, just your thumb and first finger or just the ring and pinky)? If you touch it with an object like a feather or a paperclip, does it feel the same as the other hand? -3X
Post 3 IP   flag post
Wait is this feeling still there or did it just happen for like half a minute after you were squatting? Cuz if it stayed then yea it's a problem haha
Post 4 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine0seven
So last night & ever since my right hand as been hella numb.

-3X
Post 5 IP   flag post
@eknight yea definitely a problem haha. At first I thought he meant just afterwards. I get that when I grip the bar way too tight. He probably messed with a nerve.
Post 6 IP   flag post
But I'm terrible with science and anatomy so I give you permission to light me up for that statement hahaha
Post 7 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
I have had it happen a few times but not in the whole hand. Usually on just one half of a finger. It usually happened from not a good bar set up and akward grip. It usually went away in 2-3 days. Basically finger was completely numb and funny feeling.
Post 8 IP   flag post
MMB private msg quote post Address this user
Happened to me after amrap sets. But it was only lasting couple minute after the set.

Sorry I can't help much dude.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
No. That's not normal. I think the fact that you were aware enough of this to start a thread about it indicates you know something isn't right there. Is it the entire hand or just portions of it (ie, just your thumb and first finger or just the ring and pinky)? If you touch it with an object like a feather or a paperclip, does it feel the same as the other hand? -3X

The sensation is from the top of the palms to throughout the fingers. It feels tingley. If I touch something it feels the same as the other hand, but with tingles.
Post 10 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
While I can't make an actual diagnosis, the position of the shoulders during a squat- externally rotated and abducted (both at 90 degrees)- would certainly irritate any kind of nerve compression problem (something like thoracic outlet syndrome). Have you, in the past, been guilty of a whole lot of push and not a whole lot of pull? -3X
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
While I can't make an actual diagnosis, the position of the shoulders during a squat- externally rotated and abducted (both at 90 degrees)- would certainly irritate any kind of nerve compression problem (something like thoracic outlet syndrome). Have you, in the past, been guilty of a whole lot of push and not a whole lot of pull? -3X

I do a low bar squat. With the bar resting on the rear delts. And yes, I have been guilty of a whole lot of push and not a lot of pull. However, the past year it's been 2:1 pull to push.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRorhrbac0808
I have had it happen a few times but not in the whole hand. Usually on just one half of a finger. It usually happened from not a good bar set up and akward grip. It usually went away in 2-3 days. Basically finger was completely numb and funny feeling.

That's how my fingers feel lol and it's funny cause my squat set up was probably the best it's ever been. I watched the Layne Norton low bar squat tutorial vid & did exactly what he explained. Felt damn good. Except my fingers lol
Post 13 IP   flag post
Pretty sure I have carpal tunnel. @eknight anything I can do to alieve it?
Post 14 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Google carpal tunnel syndrome and read up on the treatment. -3X
Post 15 IP   flag post
oceanair private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

-3X

hahahaha
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanair
Quote:
Quote:

-3X

hahahaha

Ha Ha Very funny -.-
Post 17 IP   flag post
oceanair private msg quote post Address this user
@nine0seven
Post 18 IP   flag post
340770 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?
destitute