Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
NewbieSplit AdviceTeen

175cm 71kg Cut Or Bulk?16276

Sharpy412 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys,
This is my first time posting here and I really need help asap.
I'm not sure whether to bulk or cut...I'm 16 turning 17 this year. Recently I started bulking 1 week ago hitting 3000 calories at least a day. Do you think i should continue bulking or start to cut instead for better lean muscle gain.
My workout plan currently:
Monday : Chest + Triceps
Wednesday : Back + Biceps
Friday: Shoulders and Legs
I do cardio twice a day and run once a week.
Is my workout plan alright? Please advice me, thanks!

Post 1 IP   flag post
ZearingFlame private msg quote post Address this user
Personally i would bulk.. Since if you do a cut and get lean there will be next to nothing under there..
Post 2 IP   flag post
ZearingFlame private msg quote post Address this user
And by bulk i mean 300-500 calorie surplus and hit your macros =)
Post 3 IP   flag post
TimmothyGen private msg quote post Address this user
How do you do shoulders and legs lol.
Go read the Faq it has important good stuff. Pick a program too.
Post 4 IP   flag post

So this is me after 1 month.. Am i making any progress guys? Whats my body% roughly at?
Both pics are taken straight after workout and I'm flexing for both pics...
Please help!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
What do you want help with? Did you read the faq as suggested? You never even said what your goals are.
Post 6 IP   flag post
SOLARSUPLEX private msg quote post Address this user
Bulk, you will fill out. Then after you have put on some muscle you can cut the fat off.
Post 7 IP   flag post
qtdreams92 private msg quote post Address this user
Why are you doing this when you are only 17? Just train eat, party, sleep. Like the rest of the 17 year olds! What is your weight and height even.

I am curious to know what program you have decided to use from the FAQ.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Erm I'm currently bulking.. Hoping to reach 80-85kg this year. I need help in knowing whether I'm bulking right. I'm not following any programs, going with a personal trainer til I know my body better.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Anyway what's wrong with doing this at 17?
Post 10 IP   flag post
You should know your OWN body not a personal trainer. Lulz. Nothing wrong with doing this at 17. Im 16 and I track macros when I bulked. I just made sure to get my protein and calories in. Train Hard and Eat well and everything will fall into place. What is your split like?

To answer the question I guess because your body is growing and its not really accurate, that's what I have been told.
If your lifts are going up, the weight and you see results in the mirror then you are doing it right.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Btw awesome progress I see from last month to now....
Post 12 IP   flag post
Monday: Chest/Tri
Tuesday: Legs
Wednesday: Shoulders
Friday: Back/Bi
*Saturday: Chest/Tri *(this depends if I have enough time on Sat)
Post 13 IP   flag post
Thanks Was kinda sucking in a bit of the tummy fat..
Post 14 IP   flag post
Dude I would honestly go over to the FAQ and pick a program from there that involves the big 3 lifts.
I will tell you from my mistake that I didn't make the best progress in my first year of lifting because I didn't get stronger and better at the 3 lifts. I didn't progress in the weights and reps.
Just make sure to progress on those 3 lifts and add some accessory work and you will be good to go.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I know that my body is definitely growing as I look into the mirror everyday. I'm controlling my macros now and doing a 500kcal surplus. Hope to cut by end of this year or early next year and not look weak and scruny is that possible?
Post 16 IP   flag post
I'm trying to add extra weights For bench press , deadlift and squats now. Always start off with the lighter ones and slowly increase up for the sets. Will definitely take a look at the workout programs!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Yes it is possible. BUT Don't limit yourself to food. If you already meet the macros for the day but want to eat something again like a slice of pizza or cake EAT it dude. Make sure to get stronger on those lifts and the size will come. If you think you are getting to fat come check in on the forum and post a picture and we can help you with that. Good Luck breh!
Post 18 IP   flag post
340609 18 18
destitute