Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CuttingFemale FitnessNewbieTraining Programs

New to Simply Shredded program - questions16078

Pagrandma59 private msg quote post Address this user
I am on Wk 2 of the 12 wk program & have a question. It shows Monday (Upper A), Tuesday (Lower A), Wednesday off, & Thursday (Upper B)& Friday (Lower B). I go to the gym near my work so I go M-F as it is difficult to get to the gym on the weekends. I've just started lifting so my weights are not too heavy. What if I move the Thursday & Friday workouts up a day which frees up Friday & I do Upper A again on Friday and the following week start the week with Lower A and adding an extra Lower on Friday? This way one week I'd have 3 upper & 2 lower workouts and the following week I'd have 3 lower & 2 upper. I'd have 2 rest days on the weekends when I could do my Body combat workout or some other activity. I assume as I progress through the program & up my weights I might decide I need that rest day during the week. Will adding an extra day during the week do me more benefit or harm? I understand the rep & weight increase as I go through the program - thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
nine0seven private msg quote post Address this user
Uhhh....wut program is this? 😶
Post 2 IP   flag post
It's the women's fitness 12 week simply shredded workout schedule that's on this website. Two upper & two lower routines per week & every month weight is increased & reps decreased.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frostshock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagrandma59
Will adding an extra day during the week do me more benefit or harm? I understand the rep

Kind of sifting through the threads while I act like I'm paying attention to something else but the answer is:
It depends.

Are you having a significant amount of rest days? Is your diet on track? Are you progressively overloading? etc etc etc
Tons of variables and I'm not familiar with the program that you're on so I can't really give a definitive answer from experience or anything.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks for the reply. I guess because the program is featured on this site that I might find other's who've done it and could give me direction. As to your questions, I have 2 rest days a week (weekends) because that is what fit's my schedule of getting to the gym. I am cutting and have seen progress in the short time I've been working on it so I am happy with my numbers and I am overloading (for me at least) I'm not lifting heavy according to most but for me I'm pushing until I can't do another rep and each time I'm trying to do more. I'm alternating upper body/lower body so I'm getting a day off between to rest the muscles. I'll just play it by ear and if I feel I need to take a break mid week I'll do cardio or something. Thanks again for the reply
Post 5 IP   flag post
340770 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?
destitute