Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
ShouldersSplit Advice

Is this routine too taxing for shoulders?14923

BitchesFancyMe private msg quote post Address this user
hey guys i have been doing a mixture of calisthenis and bodybuilding routine. I do 3 bodyuilding days and then 2 calisthenics wich i also work weak body parts. It goes like this:

Day 1 chest/shoulders

incline press( db or bb, alternate between weeks) 4x8-12
flat press(...)4x8-12
dumbbell shoulder press 4x8-12
lateral raises 4x12
high cable flyes ss dips 3x12
dumbbell chest pullover 4x10-12
rear delt flyes 4x12
single cable lateral raise or single dumbbell upright rows 3x10

Day 2 back/biceps

pull ups 4x10-12
barbell row 4x10-12
dumbbell row or machine row 3-4x10
close grip pulldowns ss straight arm pulldown
deadlift 3x10
3 biceps exercises

Day 3 legs/triceps

5 legs exercises
3 tricep exercises

Day 4 rest/abs

Day 5 calisthenics (handstant push ups hunt)/ upper chest

handstand push ups agains wall (short rang motion) 4x12
shoulder push ups ss frog handstand(20sec)3x10
judo push ups 3x6(cant do more XD)
hanstands (30sec) ss plank 1min 3sets

incline flyes ss decline push ups 3x(12flyes)(12or more push up)
dumbbell pullovers 3x12-15
lateral raises 3x15

Day 6 calisthenics (muscle up hunt)/back

chest high pull ups ss bar dips 3x8,12
clap push ups ss head bangers 4x12
beginner typewriter pull ups 3-4x10
jump muscle ups 3x10

chin ups or single arm pulldowns 3x12
cable rows 3x12

Day 7 rest/abs

Im currently not working calves cause my left foot is injured and i fit forearms on other day 2xweak.
I wanted too know if this routine will be too taxing for my shoulders cause i had and injury on my front delt cause of bad form. My shoulders feel good right now but im afraid i will overtrain them and the pain comes back. Pls reply
Post 1 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
Your shoulders are gonna take a Hammering IMO.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WinnersNeverQuit private msg quote post Address this user
haha... upper chest...
Post 3 IP   flag post
SwoleAnimal private msg quote post Address this user
I am not familliar with calisthenic programs. sorry my bruhtha
Post 4 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, looks like a ton of shoulder work. And you have more volume for your chest than back. Your back is bigger, and requires more work. Overall the routine seems really random. Not really sure what you are trying to accomplish, but generally I would look more at overall reps than how many exercises.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanSi
Your shoulders are gonna take a Hammering IMO.

so any tips on how too organize calisthenis with weight lifting?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans
Yeah, looks like a ton of shoulder work. And you have more volume for your chest than back. Your back is bigger, and requires more work. Overall the routine seems really random. Not really sure what you are trying to accomplish, but generally I would look more at overall reps than how many exercises.

the reason why the chet volume is higher than backs is that my chest is my weaker body part. Im trying too mixture bodybuilding with calisthenics to have the best of both worlds. i want to be aesthetic and have a good size but i also want to be able to climb a "mountain" with it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
The fact that you want Aesthetics and Good size at the same time, and by looking at the size of you now, I'm led to believe you don't eat enough to grow. What's your diet like? How many calories/macros?

Keep the calisthenics as part of your normal weight training days. I use pushups as my warmups for chest and should work then sometimes to a few more sets at the end of the workout. Keep the pullups on your back day.

Ditch the lateral raises and move the Rear delt Flyes from chest day to back day.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabemuscular
The fact that you want Aesthetics and Good size at the same time, and by looking at the size of you now, I'm led to believe you don't eat enough to grow. What's your diet like? How many calories/macros?

Keep the calisthenics as part of your normal weight training days. I use pushups as my warmups for chest and should work then sometimes to a few more sets at the end of the workout. Keep the pullups on your back day.

Ditch the lateral raises and move the Rear delt Flyes from chest day to back day.

Im at 2460 calories, still reversing the diet from the cut i did. I was 16% bf and now im 9-10% in 3,5 month just too see how much of quality muscle i had.
But how do i fit my mucle up and hanstand progression on my wheight training routine?
Post 9 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
@BitchesFancyMe
I've learned a lot recently and if it's thought me one thing is don't dragon ur own program cause ur more than likely going to change a few things on the day and get away from ur primary goal.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanSi
@BitchesFancyMe
I've learned a lot recently and if it's thought me one thing is don't dragon ur own program cause ur more than likely going to change a few things on the day and get away from ur primary goal.

so what you are saying is too do one thing at the time and stick to a routine?
Post 11 IP   flag post
THE GODFATHER wannabemuscular private msg quote post Address this user
IDK man. I suppose you could have an extra day just for that stuff as long as you have adequate rest before and after your normal weight training days.

Why don't you rearrange your split as more of a P/P/L routine (not far from it at this point) where you do each day 1x per week, then have your dedicated day for the other stuff?

Here with Minor Tweaks:
----------------------------
Day 1 Push
incline press( db or bb, alternate between weeks) 3x8-12
flat press(...)4x8-12
dumbbell shoulder press 4x8-12
high cable flyes 3x12
dumbbell chest pullover 3x10-12
single dumbbell upright rows 3x10
2 tricep exercises (pressdowns? extensions?)

Day 2 Pull
pull ups 4x10-12
barbell row 4x10-12
dumbbell row or machine row 4x10
straight arm pulldown 3x10-12
rear delt flyes 4x12
deadlift 3x10
3 biceps exercises (don't need 3, barbell curl should suffice)

Day 3 Legs
5 legs exercises (don't need 5 - SQUATS!)
Pick some hammstring moves to equal volume of squats/quads.
Calves
Abs

Day 4 rest / abs

Day 5 calisthenics (handstant push ups hunt)/ upper chest
handstand push ups agains wall (short rang motion) 4x12
shoulder push ups ss frog handstand(20sec)3x10
judo push ups 3x6(cant do more XD)
hanstands (30sec) ss plank 1min 3sets

Day 6 LEGS AGAIN BABY YEAHHHH !!!

Day 7 rest

REPEAT!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Beans private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchesFancyMe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans

the reason why the chet volume is higher than backs is that my chest is my weaker body part. Im trying too mixture bodybuilding with calisthenics to have the best of both worlds. i want to be aesthetic and have a good size but i also want to be able to climb a "mountain" with it.

I wouldn't add more volume just because it's the weaker part. I know that seams logical, but working something out more doesn't mean it will grow more. At some point it will be counterproductive. I'd learn out HOW to work out your chest, not just hit it more.
Post 13 IP   flag post
thanks man solid information. will do that!
Post 14 IP   flag post
340609 14 14
destitute