Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
5 3 1Split AdviceTraining Programs

Smolov + 5/3/114240

TheBB private msg quote post Address this user
@frostshock

Thanks for that

what are your opinions for working lower body on smolov jr?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Frostshock private msg quote post Address this user
@TheBB so you mean you want a 5/3/1 type Lower day?
It depends on your weaknesses in the squat - are you most weak in the hole? Locking out?
I follow the periodization bible for my 5/3/1 accessories but others use BBB, triumvirate, ect ect
Post 27 IP   flag post
Yeah that's exactly what I'm looking for.im not really sure were I'm the weakest but id say probabbly locking out.
Post 28 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
You never addressed this- why Smolov?

How long have you been training and what's your current routine? -3X
Post 29 IP   flag post
I feel I've stopped progressing from just regular training. I've been on PHAT then I actually followed your routine you posted a while back then back to PHAT. Right now I'm just finishing my deload weak and probabbly gonna start PHAT up again a little but want to give smolov a go.
Post 30 IP   flag post

http://www.strstd.com

Builds a 5/3/1 routine for you, I personally do Front Squats, Good Mornings and bench press sit ups as my accessories but again, my weaknesses aren't yours.

You could also be more exact about answering ek, I'm just giving the info not actually suggesting you should do it, he's way more experienced in making functional programs and suggestions than myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftingPassion
After following this conversation I can say @TheBB has a point. It looks like you did not read it carefully from the start and really went back on your own words which made everything confusing. As far as @jonrivs49 is saying this post can be beneficial if other people would like to see the rotuine.

Just my input

Also lol did you really make another account for this?
slowclap.gif
Post 31 IP   flag post
Cool thanks I'll check that out and see what he has to say. And no that's not my account bud.
Post 32 IP   flag post
IP check dun fucked up or my phone is being a bitch, either way its been rectified but I have my eye on you...

Post 33 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
@TheBB too vague- why do you feel like you're not progressing? How long have you been lifting? You're purposefully dancing around my questions and I'm not sure why. If you're not squatting over 300 pounds already OR you've not been training so long that you can't make progress on standard linear progression, you're not ready for Smolov. It's not a hypertrophy routine. The fact that I stuck some hypertrophy work in it doesn't make it a hypertrophy routine. It's designed as a powerlifting peaking routine. It shouldn't be used, IMO, simply because you're looking for a change from your current routine. -3X
Post 34 IP   flag post
currently 325 3x5. It's really irritating that you keep second guessing everything. I understand why you are doing it but sometimes you need to calm down.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Why do I feel like I'm not progressing? Not really sure just a plateau? Have been lifting around 1.5 years
Post 36 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
I'm not second guessing anything. You asked for advice and don't like the answers you're getting. And I was absolutely right- with a year and a half of training, you're no where near ready for Smolov.

Let's try this one last time. You have every workout I did during my mesocycle. The same five basic exercises were there for my upper body power days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBB
well in the message you explained to me " I used 531 set up for first upper/lower day and a hypertrophy day for the second. If you look in my recent log, you will see what I mean'

i was sort of confused when you told me this to because it does not look like 5/3/1 on your upper days.

In this case do you have your program?

Thanks

See where that's bolded? I used a 531 set-up, NOT the 531 program itself. You've repeatedly asked me for "my program." My program is right there in my log. It's what I ran.

Now what specifically is your question? -3X
Post 37 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
@Frostshock wtf is a bench press sit up?
Post 38 IP   flag post
@_RudeCrew Here ya go sir:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsc3JwVmxr4
Post 39 IP   flag post
_RudeCrew private msg quote post Address this user
@Frostshock OHHHHHHH I have done those, we always called them decline sit ups.
Post 40 IP   flag post
@_RudeCrew Ahhh, I've been calling them Bench press sit ups because technically you're supposed to load up a bar and do 3-6 heavy reps either by benching the bar and sitting up or just sitting up

I do them for 5x12 hence the light weight and as an an accessory so no press - decline sit ups I've always done with a full decline and a medicine ball or plate held to my chest
Post 41 IP   flag post
@eknight you really dissapoint me with your inability to read. I think we can just end this now because you have been useless and id rather seek information from someone more effective
Post 42 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBB
@eknight you really dissapoint me with your inability to read. I think we can just end this now because you have been useless and id rather seek information from someone more effective

Wow.
Post 43 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
@TheBB lmao. Epic troll.

You got me troll boy. Have fun not being able to articulate what you want after someone has broken it down for you like you're a child. Best of luck! -3X
Post 44 IP   flag post
340740 44 19
destitute