Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Push Pull LegsSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Critique my Legs/Push/Pull Routine12207

sazthetics private msg quote post Address this user
Starting next week, i'm going to run this routine as follows: Legs A, Push A, Pull A, Rest, Legs B, Push B, Pull B, Repeat.

I feel that the main concern with the below routine would be the high volume, but I typically train with high volume and think I can handle it if I de-load every 5th-6th cycle.

Any comments/feedback will be appreciated, ty mens.

*[x] = No. of sets.

Legs (A)

* Barbell Squats [4]
* Hack Squats [4]
* Leg Extensions [5]
* Leg Curls [4]
* Standing Calve Raise [4]

Push (A)

* Barbell Bench Press [3]
* Standing Military Press [3]
* Incline Dumbbell Press [3]
* Incline Dumbbell Flys [3]
* Bent-Elbow Side-Laterals [4]
* Straight Bar Pushdowns [3]
* One-Arm Rope Pushdowns [4]

Pull (A)

* Pendlay Rows [3]
* Pull Ups [3]
* Cable Rows [3]
* Deadlifts [3]
* Barbell Shrugs [4]
* Standing Bicep Curl [3]
* Dumbbell Concentration Curls [3]
* Face Pulls [4]

Rest

Legs (B)

* Barbell Squats [4]
* Stiff-Legged Deadlift [4]
* Leg Extensions [5]
* Leg Curls [4]
* Standing Calve Raise [4]

Push(B)

* Barbell Bench Press [3]
* Standing Military Press [3]
* Incline Dumbbell Press [3]
* Dumbbell Pullovers [3]
* Cable Side-Laterals [4]
* French Press [3]
* One-Arm Rope Pulldowns [4]

Pull (B)

* Pendlay Rows [3]
* T-Bar Rows [3]
* Underhand Pulldowns [3]
* Deadlifts [3]
* Barbell Shrugs [4]
* Rear Delt Flys [5]
* Standing Bicep Curl [3]
* Dumbbell Hammer Curls [3]

Rest
Post 1 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
All looks good except for pull days, there is too much volume. I would drop the shrugs, the rows and deads will be more than enough. Also you put db pullovers on your one push day ~ these are a lat exercise not a chest exercise. If you want to include them do it on a pull day
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian12
All looks good except for pull days, there is too much volume. I would drop the shrugs, the rows and deads will be more than enough. Also you put db pullovers on your one push day ~ these are a lat exercise not a chest exercise. If you want to include them do it on a pull day

I need a shrugging movement though, my traps need work. I've been doing pullovers at the end of my Chest days for a while now and feel it well in my Chest.

I might swap the shrugs and pullovers so shrugs are on push day and pullovers are on push day. Thoughts?
Post 3 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
Then i suggest meeping shrugs on pull day and dropping one of the other exercises like the second pull movement. Or add the shrug at the top of your deadlift. Deadlift when u get the bar up do a shrug, reset and repeat. Maybe pull A do deadlift with shrug at top. Pull B drop second row movement and do something like a yates row which is shrugs and lats
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian12
Then i suggest meeping shrugs on pull day and dropping one of the other exercises like the second pull movement. Or add the shrug at the top of your deadlift. Deadlift when u get the bar up do a shrug, reset and repeat. Maybe pull A do deadlift with shrug at top. Pull B drop second row movement and do something like a yates row which is shrugs and lats

Good idea. Think I might drop the T-bar and cable rows before deads and change the shrugs to push day.
Post 5 IP   flag post
AustralianOak private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe a bit more hamstring work?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustralianOak
Probably could add in another hamstring exercise on legs. Which exercise would your recommend good sir?
Post 7 IP   flag post
christiannn private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazthetics
Quote:
Probably could add in another hamstring exercise on legs. Which exercise would your recommend good sir?

Stiff legged deadlift is said to be the very best hamstring exercise, and i agree. Some good weighted stiff leg deads + some sets leg curl and ur hamstrings got their workout.
Post 8 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Way too much quad work vs hams. IMO, I'd drop the extensions altogether, and replace them with a ham dominant movement. -3X
Post 9 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Like what was said above. More hamstring work. That's a knee injury waiting to happen.

If you can handle the volume good for you. I sure as hell couldn't. After 3ish weeks I'm ready to take a week off with this amount. Haha. Good luck.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Way too much quad work vs hams. IMO, I'd drop the extensions altogether, and replace them with a ham dominant movement. -3X

Might have to add in SLD's to Legs A too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRorhrbac0808
Like what was said above. More hamstring work. That's a knee injury waiting to happen.

If you can handle the volume good for you. I sure as hell couldn't. After 3ish weeks I'm ready to take a week off with this amount. Haha. Good luck.

I too am slightly worried about the volume, i'll see how I go.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by christiannn
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazthetics
Quote:

Stiff legged deadlift is said to be the very best hamstring exercise, and i agree. Some good weighted stiff leg deads + some sets leg curl and ur hamstrings got their workout.

I do have SLD's on Legs B, and I am deadlifting twice a week two. I could potentially just add another isolation like seated leg curls.
Post 12 IP   flag post
340609 12 12
destitute