Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
LOLSupplementsWTF

glutamine bro at the gym11226

OhhLoLo private msg quote post Address this user
Was at the gym tonight and one of the personal trainers there was talking to me about his post workout shake, full of BCAA's and glutamine. I questioned the use of glutamine and spoke about how its pretty much worthless and he talked down to me like i was stupid and crazy.

Its a shame these trainers WHO GET PAID TO TEACH PEOPLE HOW TO LIFT AND INSTRUCT DIETS dont even know the basics of supplementation.

Dude was probably 24 years old and acted like he knew everything.

/endrant
Post 1 IP   flag post
pandasashi private msg quote post Address this user
tell him if he talks down to you again that you will punch him in the mouth.
then show him scientific documentation disproving glutamine.
i agree though, most trainers at my gym are clueless as well...its almost like what they were tought in school was from the stone ages or from arnolds encyclopedia..
Post 2 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
was his name Sean Moeke? Just checking..
Post 3 IP   flag post
SwoleMutant private msg quote post Address this user
Don't hate on a random noobie, still in 2013, a lot of PRO bbs believe in upper chest and lower abs... And even the great Louie Simmons recommended for glutamine in old Tnation article... So don't expect from Random guys, started lifting like two hours ago because of Justin bieber "six pack" to know the truth.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Hamer93 private msg quote post Address this user
My girlfriends older brother who is partly disabled loves going to the gym and working his upper body, hes actually made really impressive gains, but his personal trainer pressured him into buying a months worth of herbalife which is 160 pound! And he is only on health benefits! I went mad, felt like going down to the well known gym(fitnes first) and speaking to the trainer!
Post 5 IP   flag post
jja0016 private msg quote post Address this user
i recommend doing what pandashi said in opposite order then walk off like a badass..
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamer93
My girlfriends older brother who is partly disabled loves going to the gym and working his upper body, hes actually made really impressive gains, but his personal trainer pressured him into buying a months worth of herbalife which is 160 pound! And he is only on health benefits! I went mad, felt like going down to the well known gym(fitnes first) and speaking to the trainer!

Dude i deal with herbalife and it aint £160 a month!!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
@trev182 well thats what hes ended up paying! Its pretty much shakes all day, not slagging off the product as i know jack shit about it but for a trainer to tell him the optimum nutrition whey he was using is 'useless' and 'full of rubbish' and basically force a disabled person into buying s product they use is ridiculous
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
@trev182 well thats what hes ended up paying! Its pretty much shakes all day, not slagging off the product as i know jack shit about it but for a trainer to tell him the optimum nutrition whey he was using is 'useless' and 'full of rubbish' and basically force a disabled person into buying s product they use is ridiculous

Complain about him to herbalife as nobody should be forced into it, its a choice! 90% of people who use/sell herbalife have no idea about nutrition, they just believe herbalife is THEE only answer!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Hmm im not sure if es a registered herbalife salesman but i think i may complain to the gym he works at
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Hmm im not sure if es a registered herbalife salesman but i think i may complain to the gym he works at

I would bro! Forcing it on someone is wrong, he can only sell it if hes registered!
Post 11 IP   flag post
340624 11 11
destitute