Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
PHATSplit Advice

Do phat again,or does it not suit me(stats)10981

DFMaster240 private msg quote post Address this user
Heyy guys whats up???

ok.. so i went on vacation for a month and i am about to start a program again. I did phat before vacation for about 3-4 months. My stats are, my bench went from 145 to 175, my squat went from 215 to 275, and my deadlift went from 275 to 375, the point is all my lifts went up. But the problem is i didint gain enough mass like i expected. I probably gained half a inch on my arms, chest stayed the same, the things that got bigger were my back and legs.( i had alot of volume, on hypertrophy days, but i liked it)

My question is should i do phat again, or does it not suit me, the fact that i didnt gain alot of mass in the 3-4 months.

Thanks for your help, and sorry if it is to long.
Post 1 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
The fact that you didn't gain mass means you didn't eat enough food

and half an inch to your arms in 3 months is a decent amount. So idk why you're bitching.

Get yo ass in the gym and pick shit up!

Then eat some food and rest.
Post 2 IP   flag post
hahaha yea i will.

yo norlda do you think it will be a good idea to bulk until december, eat alot of much clean foods, gain a ton of mass/some fat and in december start wrestling at school. i really wanted to do it, (my friends got cut up because of it)

And when i start wrestling, cut to a low bf percentage, or will i loose mass, because of all the running and bodyweight work??
Post 3 IP   flag post
Bump
Post 4 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
BuMp
Post 5 IP   flag post
So does it sound like a good idea?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Trev182 private msg quote post Address this user
EAT EAT EAT and the mass will come! Clearly the PHAT workout was working for you with the gains you were making!
Post 7 IP   flag post
AustralianOak private msg quote post Address this user
1/2 inch on arms in 3 months???? That's heaps good !!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Jelet private msg quote post Address this user
post before and after pictures. and your before and after weight...
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelet
post before and after pictures. and your before and after weight...

the before and after results are in my first post.

do you think doing wrestling will burn my muscle? because of all the bodyweight training and all the running????
Post 10 IP   flag post
Jelet private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFMaster240
n for about 3-4 months. My stats are, my bench went from 145 to 175, my squat w
I dont see your before or after bodyweight or any pics. Just strength stats which is hard to judge progress solely off those... Bench could have gone up more imo but still progress is progress no biggie, but the squat progress and deadlift progress are pretty good. so good job... well done... how much bodyweight did you gain...

and dont know but imo wrestling can interfere with a high demand routine such as phat. it will tax your cns and may hinder your recovery imo. because you use alot of muscles when you wrestle and if you are using them again when you wrestle than its like training the same body part everyday, you feel me?
Post 11 IP   flag post
skullay private msg quote post Address this user
im with Norida on this one. you've got to make sure you're eating more if you want to see size gains. stick with PHAT and pay attention to that nutrition. makes a huge difference!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullay
im with Norida on this one. you've got to make sure you're eating more if you want to see size gains. stick with PHAT and pay attention to that nutrition. makes a huge difference!
Quote:
Quote:

Alright thanks skullay! Do you think I should up my cals? I am 17, 6ft and 175lb. I eat about 2700 cals, is this enough or do i need alot more calories?

Ps. Fucking love your vids!
Post 13 IP   flag post
skullay private msg quote post Address this user
If you've been eating that way consistently and the scale isn't moving up you've got to up your cals. At the beginning of last year I started PHAT and struggled to eat enough to start putting on weight (eventually had to take my calories to about 4200/day), but eventually made considerable size gains

Thanks for checking them out man! Good luck with your bulk!
Post 14 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
Probably not eating enough but depends on how often ur wrestling and hitting the gym !!
Post 15 IP   flag post
340742 15 15
destitute