Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
ChestSplit Advice

Cable chest flies9888

Hamer93 private msg quote post Address this user
Need a bit of advice with this as what ever weight i put it at i never seem to feel it in my chest, i just feel the negative in my back. I keep arms straight and bring in so handles touch in front of me, any advice?
Post 1 IP   flag post
MCarey private msg quote post Address this user
Some people have the cables at different heights I find it beside when they're in line with my chest, stepping forward so there's tension and slowly bring them in so I feel it the whole way but I don't touch at the top I hold it near the end of the movement and resist on the way back.

I find if I try to contract my back muscles I feel it more dunno why
Post 2 IP   flag post
Devil82 private msg quote post Address this user
@Hamer feeling the muscle gets easier the more muscle you have, more bench and stuff until you reach a certain volume, then try again
Post 3 IP   flag post
Flo1307 private msg quote post Address this user
@Hamer93 maybe you use to much weight ?
Post 4 IP   flag post
AarronStenner private msg quote post Address this user
step forward with your one foot and bend your arms a bit. If you aim for TUT on this exercise its a killer!
Post 5 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
I do cable flies like how you do a dumbell flies. Hands meet in the middle chest not at the buttom. like im a hugging a tree infront of me.. and stepping one foot forward helps for balance.
Post 6 IP   flag post
4real private msg quote post Address this user
Try playing with your reps and sets ?
Post 7 IP   flag post
igg private msg quote post Address this user
IMO standing ones suck, one of the most overused. My gym has ones with a seat and they're so much better, you can isolate the chest much better
Post 8 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by igg
IMO standing ones suck, one of the most overused. My gym has ones with a seat and they're so much better, you can isolate the chest much better

This. Try them seated, and do them slowly. Take 3-5 seconds on the way up. Pause for 1-2 seconds and go down for another 3-5 seconds.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Brian private msg quote post Address this user
sounds killer ! What type of rep range do you do with type of tempo norlda? Im doing phat with 15-20 rep range on flies!! and id imagine this would be one long set! maybe i should decrease my rep range with this tempo or no?

thx in advance!Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
Quote:
Originally Posted by igg

This. Try them seated, and do them slowly. Take 3-5 seconds on the way up. Pause for 1-2 seconds and go down for another 3-5 seconds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
Quote:
Originally Posted by igg

Post 10 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
@Brian hey just saw this. Sorry for the late reply.

I generally do around 5-8 reps with that tempo, with moderate weight. Nothing too heavy, bit heavier enough that you have an rpe of 8 or so
Post 11 IP   flag post
340617 11 11
destitute