Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
PHATSplit AdviceTraining Programs

PHAT training 2 hours +? help9867

jja0016 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys I've been trying Dr. Laynes PHAT program and it seems it takes me 2 hours + minimum to complete is that normal? I'd like to keep my workouts under an hour as I've read that's the best way to keep test levels high and get the most out of workouts.

I've been following the routine exactly as laid out on the website and I'm thinking maybe that's not the way you're suppose to do it? I'll lay it out exactly how I'm doing it and hopefully you guys can give me some guidance. Thanks!

I just realized it'd be much easier for me to just link you to the website and have you scroll down to the routine.. lol because that's exactly what I'm doing from start to finish word for word.

So here it is and am I suppose to do it like that or am I suppose to cut out a few assistance exercises? If so what about on hypertrophy days? there isnt any "assistance exercises labeled" or am i suppose to be able to spot those myself.

http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-feature-layne-norton-training-series-full-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html scroll down to the routine. just seems like WAY too many workouts / sets. 60 second rest inbetween each set is like 25 min by itself and arent I suppose to take longer inbetween on Power days or no? please help ty so much
Post 1 IP   flag post
GGBro private msg quote post Address this user
That is way too long. I do the exact same workout and my longest days take me an hour max. Do you use a watch to time your breaks? Because it sounds like you might not.

Based on even your own calculations with 60 seconds of rest you would have 25 minutes of breaks. Even if it took you exactly the same amount of time to run the workouts (Which it doesn't, when is the last time you took 60 seconds to lift a bar 5 times) it would only take you 50-60 minutes to run the entire routine.
Post 2 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
It never took me over an hour either. Use a stopwatch. -3X
Post 3 IP   flag post
Yea maybe I'm taking too long on the breaks.

Thanks guys.

On the rest days should I train abs and do some hiit work? I'm cutting. would that overtrain maybe though?
Post 4 IP   flag post
BRANDON_12 private msg quote post Address this user
I would just take that day off as it is a rest day. You could throw a light jog or walk on there.
Post 5 IP   flag post
GGBro private msg quote post Address this user
Keep the rest day for rest. I try to do some heavy rope HIIT work on hyper days when I am not dead. Like you said before, its a high volume routine. Over training is easy to do so enjoy the days off.
Post 6 IP   flag post
thx guys
Post 7 IP   flag post
340621 7 7
destitute