Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
PHATSplit Advice

phat POWER DAY REST TIME9734

goBIGorGOhome private msg quote post Address this user
Layne says in the article to take as much time as you need in the power day. I'v monitored myself with trial and error. And if I take 3 minutes rest time, my sets will look like 6,5,5. Yet if i take the full 5 minute rest time between sets, my sets will look like this , 6,6,7. Feels silly to rest for 5 minutes but i actually do more reps this way. So i'v been taking 5 minute rest for everything and have been in the gym for 2-2.5 hours on my upper body power day... (this includes warm ups)

I feel like a jackass, but hey, im seeing gains! If i can lift more waitin 5-6 minutes per lift. should i do it? or is it ok to only rest 3 minutes if i do overall less reps..

it gets me frustrated and i feel lazy to do a quick set of 5 barbell rows and then rest for 6 minutes.... lol... but i can do more overall reps like this so i continue to do so... =/
discuss your rest time on power day fellas... this really russles my jimmies.
Post 1 IP   flag post
ajones46 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post
Kansas___Boyyyyy private msg quote post Address this user
lol
Post 3 IP   flag post
GGBro private msg quote post Address this user
I personally only take 2 minutes of rest max for power days because I dont see that noticable of a difference any longer than that and I dont want to be the asshat who hogs the squat rack for 20 minutes to do a total of 15 reps.
Post 4 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGBro
I personally only take 2 minutes of rest max for power days because I dont see that noticable of a difference any longer than that and I dont want to be the asshat who hogs the squat rack for 20 minutes to do a total of 15 reps.

This. IMO, OP, you're approaching this from the wrong perspective. Rather than worrying about how much total weight you can lift and needing so long between sets, I'd advise only taking 2 minutes (3 tops) and lift as much as you can there. As that amount increases, use this increase as a measure of progress. You're still progressing, you're still making gains, and you're not training using a 4:1 sitting on your butt:actual lifting ratio. -3X
Post 5 IP   flag post
340738 5 5
destitute