Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
ChestNewbieSplit Advice

Hit more lower or upper chest?!9418

rayy166 private msg quote post Address this user
I know I need to hit chest a lot overall but just to get a better looking chest, more of a "filled out" form...and that nice round form under my nipples and on the outside, what should i be doing?

right now im not doing any decline exercises because the people in my gym say i need to be hitting more incline/flat bench but when i look at other guys, they have muscles under their nipples, where i dont have shit. lol...

please be serious, i hate my bitch tits -.-

Post 1 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Flat Bench Press and DB Bench press... Go heavy or go home
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thats all I need to be doing? no decline at all?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Monster81 private msg quote post Address this user
You can't target "upper" or "lower". Focus on developing a large chest with flat bench and DB bench. Your whole chest will grow. If you want to do incline and decline (both which work the entire chest, not upper and lower), use then as accessory lifts.

And eat a lot of damn food.
Post 4 IP   flag post
^this.... I was just to lazy to type it, ha
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks, got it. One more question

Right now I do 5sets

115x10
135x10
145x10
155x10
(last set varies)
Should I continue like this or should I start out with more weight and decrease in reps (12,10,8,6,4)?
Post 6 IP   flag post
That is for flat bench
Post 7 IP   flag post
Post 8 IP   flag post
^that guy curling is me

but watch that vid bud... Your mind is about to be blown!!!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Kansas___Boyyyyy private msg quote post Address this user
new drinking game everytime that dude says ok
Post 10 IP   flag post
BaiTu private msg quote post Address this user
How old are you? Relax, focus on getting bigger and stronger all around. You're probably just fine for your age.

You don't life for yesterday, you lift for tomorrow.

The worst thing you can do is hate your body.
Post 11 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
From the looks of your body it looks symmetrical. I think your doing fine. Time will take it place.. just wait.. by the way.. theres no such thing as upper and lower chest. Guys above already given you great advice..
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrivs49
From the looks of your body it looks symmetrical. I think your doing fine. Time will take it place.. just wait.. by the way.. theres no such thing as upper and lower chest. Guys above already given you great advice..
alright thanks, I'll just keep eating and lifting. Hopefully I'll see some results
Post 13 IP   flag post
samirsaleh private msg quote post Address this user
u just need to work hard on all chest exercises. there is no such thing as the muscle under the nipple, nipple location is totally genetic and wether or not it falls above or right at the edge of ur pectoral muscle is something u are born with and cant change. U can however increase overall chest size and the area around ur nipple will definitely look more shaped and defined.

id say ur upper chest and lower chest look as equally developed, so just focus on bench pressin, not on a specific area
Post 14 IP   flag post
samirsaleh private msg quote post Address this user
oh and dont forget to do some flies
Post 15 IP   flag post
sriram private msg quote post Address this user
There is no such thing as 'upper' or 'lower' chest.

It is one muscle, and a movement that stimulates the pectoralis major...will grow the whole muscle.

Do dips.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Neverbackdown19 private msg quote post Address this user
If you're looking to add thickness and overall development to your chest, weight dips will do wonders. Just make sure you lean slightly, don't want to be putting all the tension on your tri's.
I started incorporating them this past off season and saw tremendous growth, especially since I never really focused on them before. I also started doing a lot more heavy decline bench, I found I was able to lift more and get an insane contraction than flat.
Mix things up, try and see what works best for you. If an exercise feels good and you can get a great contraction, keep it up and keep it heavy! Results will come with time.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverbackdown19
If you're looking to add thickness and overall development to your chest, weight dips will do wonders. Just make sure you lean slightly, don't want to be putting all the tension on your tri's.
I started incorporating them this past off season and saw tremendous growth, especially since I never really focused on them before. I also started doing a lot more heavy decline bench, I found I was able to lift more and get an insane contraction than flat.
Mix things up, try and see what works best for you. If an exercise feels good and you can get a great contraction, keep it up and keep it heavy! Results will come with time.
Thats an answer i was looking for thanks! will try weighted dips on my next chest day
Post 18 IP   flag post
Thedude67 private msg quote post Address this user
@rayy166 Your goals will come in time as long as you work your ass off. Just be patient and do work!
Post 19 IP   flag post
tatsbrosfitness private msg quote post Address this user
Add some more mass first man, just hit the fuck out of your chest when you workout, slow controlled movements really feeling it work the chest, once you've done that then you can start working upper chest. Just get some size first.

Like what you've heard? Want to know more? Check us out at tatsbrosfitness for more free info and advice.

Tats Bro's Fitness

DO MORE, BE MORE, LIVE MORE
Post 21 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
@tatsbrosfitness I want some advice on how to break the established rules of physiology so that I can start working my upper chest in particular. -3X
Post 22 IP   flag post
MrMailliw private msg quote post Address this user
@tatsbrosfitness
Just looked at your site and the your 4th reason for why someone is not building muscle is that their workouts are not diverse enough.

Pure rubbish or else 5x5, Wendler 5-3-1 etc. would not be as popular as they are.

Muscle confusion is a myth, your muscles don't have emotions.

So sorry if I don't take your advice seriously.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Nyko private msg quote post Address this user
^ repped mrmailliw

also, @tatsbrosfitness ... I just skimmed your site.

Neither of you two have "Tats" ...

... this got me thinking about starting my own site about Monster trucks. Since I don't own one of course.

Unless your names are "Tats". Either way I'm not going back, your site scares me.
Post 24 IP   flag post
SwoleAnimal private msg quote post Address this user
lol tat bros fitness
Post 25 IP   flag post
ajones46 private msg quote post Address this user
It's actually tatsbrosciencefitness. The name had to be shortened because it was too long.
Post 26 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Science and that site are mutually exclusive terms. -3X
Post 27 IP   flag post
Broschette private msg quote post Address this user
hit chest everyday and you can chill with the bro's after your workout
Post 28 IP   flag post
4real private msg quote post Address this user
From waht i understand you cannot isolate the peck minor etc but certain exercise's will put more emphasis on a certain part.
Post 29 IP   flag post
adam82a private msg quote post Address this user
Pectoralis minor is a completely different muscle situated under pectoralis major. They are talking about adding "thickness" or growth to upper part of pec major
Post 30 IP   flag post
340750 30 30
destitute