Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Cross FitInjury RecoveryLOLMisc.

Crossfit makes me sick9381

DuncanLifts private msg quote post Address this user
Look at this

clickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
GGBro private msg quote post Address this user
Piss poor form and dangerous "coaching" is prevalent in every fitness industry. Dont judge the lot based on some armature gym. Watch the Reebok CrossFit games instead.
Post 2 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
This is dangerous.. they might break something with that kind of form. its the coach or trainer must be blamed.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Scotian private msg quote post Address this user
Coaches that preach poor form make me sick. Lol

Crossfit however has its place and does have some benefits when done right.
Post 4 IP   flag post
4real private msg quote post Address this user
One way ride to snap city
Post 5 IP   flag post
johon6 private msg quote post Address this user
if it's done right, it's a good thing !
Post 6 IP   flag post
cactuzx private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncanLifts
Look at this
clickable text


Implying everyone in crossfit teaches bad form and no one in bodybuilding does. Give me a break... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Post 7 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
Post 8 IP   flag post
peterman private msg quote post Address this user
I did Crossfit for six months. I was never taught anything like this and I never saw anything like this. The owner of the Crossfit I went to was a real hardass when it came to correct form.
Post 9 IP   flag post
BaiTu private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishGymSheep


This.

Before you say Crossfit teaches improper form, learn what proper form is.

Or, OP, should we assume that Derek Poundstone makes you sick also?

Or does Derek Poundstone look like he's about to blow his back out.

This same Crossfit video was posted a while back as well as the same Derek Poundstone video.
Post 10 IP   flag post
GGBro private msg quote post Address this user
The only thing I dislike about CrossFit is that they allow kipping. If you are going to do a pullup you should do it in a a controlled motion.

Other than that it promotes fitness and gets girls to squat and deadlift... aint nothing wrong with that.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Nyko private msg quote post Address this user
Derek was at the arnold classic this year. He had a problem with one of his shoulders and attempted a 216lb Dumbell Clean and press with his opposite hand purely for the crowd.

Stand up guy.
Post 12 IP   flag post
AKK private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaiTu
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishGymSheep

This.
Before you say Crossfit teaches improper form, learn what proper form is.
Or, OP, should we assume that Derek Poundstone makes you sick also?
Or does Derek Poundstone look like he's about to blow his back out.
This same Crossfit video was posted a while back as well as the same Derek Poundstone video.


hes doign them for competition though, theres really no reason for crossfit to do axle presses because from my understanding they are not done in competition right?
Post 13 IP   flag post
peterman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKK
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaiTu
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishGymSheep

This.
Before you say Crossfit teaches improper form, learn what proper form is.
Or, OP, should we assume that Derek Poundstone makes you sick also?
Or does Derek Poundstone look like he's about to blow his back out.
This same Crossfit video was posted a while back as well as the same Derek Poundstone video.

hes doign them for competition though, theres really no reason for crossfit to do axle presses because from my understanding they are not done in competition right?


I'm pretty sure they did use them during last year's Crossfit Games.
Post 14 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
Im not against crossfit.. I think crossfit is more of athletic training than building physic. I think is also beneficial if properly done. What i hate is the shitty coaching in any kind of training.
Post 15 IP   flag post
BaiTu private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrivs49
Im not against crossfit.. I think crossfit is more of athletic training than building physic. I think is also beneficial if properly done. What i hate is the shitty coaching in any kind of training.


Shitty coaching I'm sure is out there but it hasn't been shown that that's what was happening in this case.

These axle presses do look awkward but it looks like they're used in competition and the coaches in this video are right there watching to make sure people don't get injured.

Of course like that guy for Louisville in the Final Four, you can get injured even when it seems you're doing nothing wrong.
Post 16 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaiTu
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrivs49
Im not against crossfit.. I think crossfit is more of athletic training than building physic. I think is also beneficial if properly done. What i hate is the shitty coaching in any kind of training.

Shitty coaching I'm sure is out there but it hasn't been shown that that's what was happening in this case.
These axle presses do look awkward but it looks like they're used in competition and the coaches in this video are right there watching to make sure people don't get injured.
Of course like that guy for Louisville in the Final Four, you can get injured even when it seems you're doing nothing wrong.


Nope.. Not that bro.. Im talking about this vid.. DuncanLifts posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncanLifts
Look at this
clickable text


Bad form.. Dangerous.. Snap city.. Coaches must guide them..
Post 17 IP   flag post
Thedude67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncanLifts
These idiots that give crossfit a bad name, make me sick!!
clickable text


Fixed...
Post 18 IP   flag post
340764 18 18
destitute