Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
DeadliftLOlMisc.Training Log

LOL Video Log #1 (Dumbbell Deadlift Footage)9201

G3NGHIS private msg quote post Address this user

LOL, I posted this in my actual log, but did not realize it was private. I really want to get some feedback on my dumbbell deadlift form. I address my concerns in the video! Hope all is well, feel like a whore essentially posting this twice but I am desperate for feedback on form.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Thor private msg quote post Address this user
Strong silhouette.

Yeah back's rounded.
Post 2 IP   flag post
kaitjens private msg quote post Address this user
in for anything g3nghis. post more vids.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Dukenhiemer private msg quote post Address this user
Reps for the video dude!
Regarding your DB Deadlift, you are doing more of an RDL with it. You are just bending at the waist and not recruiting your hips/hams/glutes.
To fix this, I would personally just one DB and set it on it's end and work on form first and foremost.
Like this:

It will feel awkward at first, but the more you work at the easier it will become! Hope this helps some!
Edit: You should note that she is going into a "half squat" position, ideally that is what you want, once you go heavier you will have a lot more power recruiting various muscle groups rather than just your back.
Post 4 IP   flag post
P.S.
Blue Diamond almonds are the absolute shit!
Post 5 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
HELL YEAH FOR THE VID!!!!!!
MORE VIDS!!!!!!!

>Now I'm HUNGRY. Time to eat.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Duke In my log I linked to a T-Nation warm up that is similar. I am aware of the issue and working on it. However, your suggestion is dope, cause it is weighted! Do you suggest going back to Rack Pulls until I can properly do Dumbbell deadlift again? Hernia surgery really messed up my body!

@Srhor hopefully I can do 1 or time a month!!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
HughJashole private msg quote post Address this user
Forget the lifting, reps for the Bruce lee posters and Siricha!!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Posted in your log!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Kansas___Boyyyyy private msg quote post Address this user
if you go to the gym dressed as ruthless pantheon and video it i will get you 1000 reps
Post 10 IP   flag post
Scotian private msg quote post Address this user
^ what duke said as far as your dl goes

Quinoa is pronounced key-n-wa if that makes sense haha
Post 11 IP   flag post
Why not do both?
Post 12 IP   flag post
shannowman private msg quote post Address this user
Keep the videos coming man! Feels more human than just reading logs. Perhaps I'll record a video this week for you guys.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Maarten private msg quote post Address this user
Hehe missing Halle Berrie allright
Post 14 IP   flag post
@HughJasshole They are pretty cool. Both are printed on canvas and have a really cool feel to them. Jackthreads has been selling them every now and then. He is one of my favorite figures. Really cool guy and story.

@Dukey @Nordia @ScottIan I did some practice today with the proper form no weight, feels weird but I think I may be able to get it right now. I will continue working on my flexibility and balance in that area

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannowman
Keep the videos coming man! Feels more human than just reading logs. Perhaps I'll record a video this week for you guys.

PLZ!
Post 15 IP   flag post
340617 15 15
destitute