Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
PHATShoulder InjurySplit Advice

PHAT Question. Please advise.9196

samuelz private msg quote post Address this user
I have injured my shoulder before and the thought of training in the 3-5lb dumbbell chest range scares me. Is it ok to train in the 6-10 rep range with 3 second pauses at the bottom with long rests (power) . My set will last most likely 40-50 seconds. But my thoughts is that, i will not be resting less tan 2 minutes, i will take the 5minute rest so i should gain decent strength..

Does my plan sound good? Anyone with shoulder injuries have any advice for power days? Skip the power chestmovement? Just train chest once a week on hypertrophy day? Or instead of the 3-5 rep range. Train in the 6-10 with pauses at the bottom of the rep? So i can train lighter yet, apply some of the power principles allowing me to train longer.
Post 1 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Instead of babying your shoulder, you should figure out what's wrong with it and do some pt accordingly

Manipulating your isometric hold and rest periods aren't going to magically make them power movements. There's more to it than that.
Post 2 IP   flag post
HughJashole private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with norida. If your building a house and notice the foundation is cracking would you build the house on top of it? Fix your shoulder.
Post 3 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
Dont do anything, with the approach that u fear u'll hurt yourself.
If ur not confident in the lift u WILL snap your shit up.

I'd start with boycotting shoulder work completely, and at the start of every upper body routine, do rotator cuff work, i've posted some vid so f this in the past, get involved.
Maybe some light lateral raises, i always find they help aid my recovery from shoulder injuries.

If you still wanna workout with it, i'd stick to the 10-12rep range.. 3second negatives. You'll still achieve at state of good hypertrophy with this approach.
Post 4 IP   flag post
340621 4 4
destitute