-A. Rope press-down 2-12-15
-A. Cable kickbacks 2-15-20
-B. EZ-Bar Curl 3-8-12
-B. Standing Dumbbell curls 2-12-15
-B. Cable Curls 2-15-20
-B. Close-Grip Bench Press 3-8-12
-B. Bar press-down 2-12-15
-B. Seated Dumbbell Extension 2-15-20

Ok this is my Chest & Arm day on P.H.A.T I actually created and A & B workout for just the arm part of this workout as you can see. A would be one week B would be next. And then i would switch this up so A one week A next B next A next Then B etc etc etc. Does this sound like a good idea to keep my arms guessing for maximal growth???

Hopefully this makes since and is a good idea.
Thanks for advice.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Monster81 private msg quote post Address this user
It looks alright, although I think you're missing your opening power/speed exercise for chest.

Personally, I'd drop hammer curls for incline curls or seated curls, or at least make them the last exercise in for your biceps. Also, I'd get skullcrushers in there somewhere for triceps as well, maybe a wildcard exercise in case you have one of those days when you aren't getting a solid pump.
Post 2 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
You can't make them "guess," nor can you confuse them; they don't have a brain. They have motor neurons that connect to the brain in order to cause them to contract. if you're constantly changing the movements you do, your brain and nervous system never get to fully adapt (and thus receuit the greatest amount of muscle fiber) to the stress put on them. In terms of growth, I advise a complete change of movements every ~8 weeks. -3X
Post 3 IP   flag post
DFMaster240 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster81
It looks alright, although I think you're missing your opening power/speed exercise for chest.
Personally, I'd drop hammer curls for incline curls or seated curls, or at least make them the last exercise in for your biceps. Also, I'd get skullcrushers in there somewhere for triceps as well, maybe a wildcard exercise in case you have one of those days when you aren't getting a solid pump.

that helps build alot of explosiveness = strength going up.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
You can't make them "guess," nor can you confuse them; they don't have a brain. They have motor neurons that connect to the brain in order to cause them to contract. if you're constantly changing the movements you do, your brain and nervous system never get to fully adapt (and this receuit the greatest amount of muscle fiber) to the stress put on them. In terms of growth, I advise a complete change of movements every ~8 weeks. -3X

@EK, if the A/B routine is kept without changes to them, does the body not adapt to this pattern eventually the same way?
Post 5 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
Personal I try to focus in on my arms in a game of chess before they workout I let my biceps and triceps work as a team and I try to out think them, when I feel their play gets sloppy then I immediately exercise I have found this creates maximum muscle confusion, and once I even confused them so much they thought they were quads and glutes instead of bicep and tricep and I managed to do 2 sets of squats with them before they realized they were just bicep and tricep, I think as a community we should be trying to find a way to do this on a regular basis.
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
@Monster81 it might, but I would venture to guess it would take much longer. -3X
Post 7 IP   flag post
Eldemire1 private msg quote post Address this user
@eknight Okay so should i keep the A/B routine or should i just switch A to B every 8 weeks? Or what should i exactly do.
@DFMaster240 And i actually just noticed that thanks. I use barbell for my power days for i'm just going to do 70% of my barbell 3-5 rep max then do it before i do incline dumbbell and flat dumbbell press movement. how does that sound?
Post 8 IP   flag post
G3NGHIS private msg quote post Address this user
Would exchange kickbacks for rolling DB extensions. My 2 cents from the Peanut Gallery.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Eldemire1 private msg quote post Address this user
@G3NGHIS Actually never heard of them, just looked them up and they look pretty solid exercise!! I kinda like tricep kickbacks though because i have never done them before so it hit the muscle differently. But i might throw them into them workout for sure after 8 weeks switch.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Your call, but I'd probably just keep it to one (A or B) and switch it up at 8 weeks. I only throw in a different exercise if I feel like I'm having an off day for the pump, but I do switch it up every 8-10 weeks.
Post 11 IP   flag post
340630 11 11
destitute