Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Bench PressChestSplit AdviceTraining Programs

ws4sb question8950

bosssantana private msg quote post Address this user
so my max effort exercise at the moment is close grip bench press which one in the Supplemental group is good for the close grip bench press

Flat DB bench press (palms in or out)
Incline DB bench press (palms in or out)
DB floor press (palms in)
Barbell push-ups (wearing weighted vest)
Blast strap push-ups (wearing weighted vest)
“Criss-cross” chain push-ups
“Triceps death”
Chin-ups
Post 1 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not too familiar with WS4SB but why is your max effort exercise close grip bench as opposed to regular bench?

Also, I have no idea what "Triceps death" is but that's probably the best way to improve your close grip bench. lol
Post 2 IP   flag post
bosssantana private msg quote post Address this user
lol well i already did barbell bench press for three weeks and you have to change it up so i chose close grip for my next three weeks heres the link

http://www.defrancostraining.com/articles/38-articles/65-westside-for-skinny-bastards-part3.html
Post 3 IP   flag post
pandasashi private msg quote post Address this user
seems like a silly program to me..
Post 4 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
@bosssantana in the article you posted I don't see any explanation or benefits for changing the Max-Effort Upper Body exercise. He just says that he "likes to do it."

In my experience, my bench press improved because I did a lot of bench press and a lot of supp work for tris and lats. I can't fathom making similar progress by omitting flat bench in favor of floor press, incline bench, etc.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Scotian private msg quote post Address this user
not familiar with the program either but i dont think the idea is to not bench press. you just dont max out on bench every week. you choose one exercise to max out
Post 6 IP   flag post
340762 6 6
destitute