Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Valentino_027 private msg quote post Address this user
I have working out about 2-3 months , my arms ,shoulders , back and legs all gained muscle except my chest , i dont know what to do about that !
Post 1 IP   flag post
slamdoozle private msg quote post Address this user
What kind of exercises are you doing for chest? Give cable crossovers a shot as they are one of the best for getting a good stretch on your chest.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Lib private msg quote post Address this user
bench press, incline bench press etc.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Maarten private msg quote post Address this user
click
Post 4 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
hahaha @ slamdoozle, if hes trying to build a chest.. cable crossovers is a good exercise for shaping the muscle but for building, it'd be better to stick to some progessively heavier presses and a couple sets of flys..

benchpress 4 sets, 1 warmup 3 working sets 10-8-6
incline db press 4 sets, 8-12 reps
machine pecdec/flys 2 sets x failure at 60% max
push ups 3 sets till failure

do this for 6 weeks then switch bench for incline smyth bench, and switch incline db press for flat dumbbell press..
Post 5 IP   flag post
Valentino_027 private msg quote post Address this user
how long should i rest between the sets ?! i must stop using the cable crossovers for gaining muscles and then begin with the crossovers ?! i do 3 sets of 12-10-8 is that good ?
Post 6 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
Rest 90 seconds between sets, follow the1's advice - it's spot on.

Ditch cable crossovers all together. Put ALL your energy into the big chest movements as the1 already commented on. No cable cross overs, and only 2 sets of flyes/pec deck. Big chest comes from heavy flat, incline. Use a barbell (olympic bar) for flat bench and dumbbells for incline.

Start with flat bench, then incline. You should be completely finished and hurting at this time. Then finish off with flyes
Post 7 IP   flag post
Ludde private msg quote post Address this user
I have the same problem, need help.

I've work out for quite a time, but not that serious that i'm today. And mu chest just won't grow! Im strong in the bench press (210 lbs 100 kg)

Incline DB press,
Incline Barbell press
Dumbell press
Flies/incline flies.
Post 8 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
its all about intensity IMO.

and chest is basic, you need a flat, and incline and a fly to finish off.

keep rest minimum between sets, apply supersets and dropsets to keep the intensity up.. never let the blood leave the muscle.
Post 9 IP   flag post
CaptainRon private msg quote post Address this user
have u tried wearing a training bra on your non chest workout days...
Post 10 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
Schedule two chest workouts per week. Pick out 4-6 exercises to perform at each workout. When you become more experienced the workouts will become more distinct but for now start with the same workout 2x per week.

For each major exercise do a 12-10-8-6-10 pyramid where the first four sets go up in weight. For the last set go back down in weight.

For minor exercises do 1 set of 7 reps with high time under tension (five seconds down, five seconds up). TuT sets are very challenging if done properly.

E.g.:

Flat bench barbell - Pyramid
Decline bench barbell - Pyramid
Incline dumbbell - Pyramid
Pec deck or dumbbell flys - TuT
Cable crossovers - TuT

Finally, to make strength gains you need to gain weight (muscle mass) so make sure your diet is on a slight caloric surplus.
Post 11 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
Oh, another thought if you take my advice to do two chest workouts per week: mix up your chest workouts by doing Pyramids one day and 5x5 sets the other day for the major exercises. 5x5 sets are awesome for making strength gains!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Popeye25 private msg quote post Address this user
last few weeks i finally got my chest to grow. gave it its own day once a week.
went heavy 4 to 8 reps on first pressing excersize(choose ur weakest) n then upped vol for others. finish off with pec deck r flys

eg;
incline 4 to 8 reps 4 sets
flat 8 to 12 reps 4 sets
decline 8 to 12 reps 4 sets
flys 10 to 15 reps 3 to 4 sets
(might do close grip bench for tris at end n maybe skulls but usually just do chest n maybe calves)
Post 13 IP   flag post
340762 13 13
destitute