Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CuttingDiet AdviceIntroductionNewbiePHATProgress PicsSupplementsTraining LogTraining Programs

Newb > Fat > Cutting > Advise > Progress Log8760

booeychops private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Im very much a newb to the forum - although following SS for atleast a year now I have never been an active member... until now.

So 24months ago I was 268lbs - over 12months i dropped down to 190lbs using several strict/crude "fad" diets that i managed to keep up.

I have been in the gym lifting to a degree for the full 24mnths. I have had several fits & starts over the last 8 months of being very focused in the gym for periods then for one reason or another my focus tailing off and really only going to the gym giving it 70% of my time.

So 3 weeks ago I won a local 12wk fitness and nutrition plan/session. My goal that i gave was to loose BF% but also to get bigger (same story for many i guess). I have attached a photo of 3 weeks ago.

The nutritionist writes me a weekly plan and tweaks it dependant on my mood, exercise and progress pics. Now into my third week I havent lost a single lbs and although I have been told by the nutritionist that my body is changing (visually) i just cant see it and im getting dishartend.

So I come here looking for advice - I cant beleive my muscle mass has increased at the same rate as any BF has been lost which means I am not loosing anything on the scales.......

Starting Wk 0

Week 3

Post 1 IP   flag post
johon6 private msg quote post Address this user
theres a definite change there dude for sure !!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Srs... Thanks Man, I just dont see it tho! I mean 3wks I was hoping for more and the fact that I havent seen a single lbs drop etc?

I guess that as i stick at it the lower the body fat the bigger the changes? I mean my BF must be very high at the moment..... (i havent actually measured it correctly)
Post 3 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
Shoulders look slightly bigger alright.
Keep it up.
Post 4 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by booeychops

My goal that i gave was to loose BF% but also to get bigger

So, you gave your nutritionist a nearly impossible goal, and after only three weeks are discouraged by your results? What kind of realistic results did you expect?

Terrific work, so far btw! -3X
Post 5 IP   flag post
It's only 3 weeks dude !! it's nothing ! you can't expect it overnight, that's where people fail, they don't see MASSIVE results in the first month n think fk it !

i personally wanna just ''hold onto'' muscle while i'm still dropping weight, and i'll be happy with that

massive kudo's so far man, i've come down from 301lb now to 245lb, so i know how difficult it is !!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Scotian private msg quote post Address this user
You gotta commit to it long term to expect to be able to see results for yourself. Stick with it!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Quote:

So, you gave your nutritionist a nearly impossible goal, and after only three weeks are discouraged by your results? What kind of realistic results did you expect?

Unrealistic..... oh, ok - i suppose i thought i would have seen the digits say like 185lbs to show progress..... I have been eating exactly as my plan 6/7 meals a day and super clean with high protein and restricted carbs with some HIIT at the start of my gym workouts.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotian
You gotta commit to it long term to expect to be able to see results for yourself. Stick with it!

Cheers guys, I will stick to it. I just wanted some views to make sure nothing was really wrong. But fair enough if everyone is saying that I am loking for results to early I will work hard and keep pushing through. I will also update this thread with pics etc and worksouts. Thanks all
Post 9 IP   flag post
oh maaaaan restricted carbs !!! PLEASE dude ! i saw really good results with low carb, but believe me it issn't the most optimal way of doing it,

i came on here preaching lw carb was awesome, i suppose it was if you don't mind having no energy,

my workout's now i'm eating properly have gone through the roof, i feel better, i sleep better, i lift better !!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Wbauman private msg quote post Address this user
I see an improvement.

We all want instant results. This is a slow process. Well, done correctly its slow. Hang in there
Post 11 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Unrealistic..... oh, ok - i suppose i thought i would have seen the digits say like 185lbs to show progress..... I have been eating exactly as my plan 6/7 meals a day and super clean with high protein and restricted carbs with some HIIT at the start of my gym workouts.

This wasn't meant as a dig at you. It was- literally- unrealistic. You can't both lose weight and gain weight at the same time. Your nutritionist should have told you that. The fact that he has you on low carb is strike two against him. I think everyone here will be happy to help you if you choose to want it. Good luck either way. -3X
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not at all bud. I know - all good points. Of course I would welcome all the help possible.

That's really why I posted cheers again.

This wasn't meant as a dig at you. It was- literally- unrealistic. You can't both lose weight and gain weight at the same time. Your nutritionist should have told you that. The fact that he has you on low carb is strike two against him. I think everyone here will be happy to help you if you choose to want it. Good luck either way. -3X
Post 13 IP   flag post
Hi Guys,

Small pic update. Another week on. All i have in the way of bf monitoring is a cheapo hald help computer... and the mirror.

The hand held seems to tell me I an .01% higher bf than last week! Stupid thing, im sure its not accurate!

Anyway wk4 Pics.

Post 14 IP   flag post
340762 14 14
destitute