Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
ChestPHATSplit Advice

Old PHAT Routine8702

Quantikz private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys,
I'm gonna re-start PHAT this monday but I'm gonna try the old one. My question is: my weak body part is definitely the upper pec (lower part of the chest is about 2-3x bigger even though I only do incline work). Other body parts grow just fine, especially arms and back. Assuming that I want to give a little more attention to that upper pec problem, which changes would you do? Routine would be:

Monday: Upper Power

* Incline Barbell Bench Press 3x5
* Barbell Rows 3x5
* Military Press 3x5
* Weighted Pull ups 3x5
* Maybe add like 2sets Incline DB Press here?

Tuesday: Lower Power

* Front Squat 3x5
* Stiff Leg Deadlift 3x5
* Calf Work

Wednesday: Hypertrophy Chest/Arms

* BB Incline Bench 3×8-12
* Incline DB Bench 3×12-15
* Incline Flies 3x12-20
* Some arm work (alternate biceps/triceps every week)

Thursday: Hypertrophy Legs/Calves

* Leg Press 5×8-12 super setted with
* Lunges 5×10-15
* Leg Extensions 5×10-15 super setted with
* Sitting Leg Curls 5×10-15
* Calf work

Friday: Hypertrophy Shoulders/Back/Traps

* Shoulder & Back super-setting work
Post 1 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantikz
My question is: my weak body part is definitely the upper pec (lower part of the chest is about 2-3x bigger even though I only do incline work).

So all you do is inclines, your "upper chest" isn't growing, and you want to do more inclines?

People, this is what I've said for years- there's no targeting the "upper chest." It's genetics. Period. OP is doing tons of incline work, and the rest of his chest is growing.

OP- stop doing incline-focused work and lift in the "as heavy as I can go for 6-8 range" for 3-4 sets each of flat barbell and DB work. -3X
Post 2 IP   flag post
Ye man I know what you mean. I Keep thinking that it's all down to genetics too, a friend of mine only does flat and his chest is perfect. I continued doing incline cuz I thought it might've been a form problem (I didnt pull my shoulders back). It's a little better now but it's still ugly as fuck lol so you wouldn't change anything change anything from the original? I tried some reverse grip bench the other day and They're alright..

Thanks for the help, it was actually an older post of yours that convinced me to try the older PHAT version
Post 3 IP   flag post
mikew private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with EK about switching to flat bench.

Move big weight on your bench press ---> pretty soon you'll need a goddamn training bra for your pecs.

Good luck bro
Post 4 IP   flag post
Alright man, think I'm gonna go with the original routine then

Monday: Upper Power

* Flat DB/BB Bench Press 3x5
* Barbell Rows 3x5
* Military Press 3x5
* Weighted Pull ups 3x5

On the chest hypertrophy day I'm gonna try the new greg plitt chest workout. I know that he's all bro-science but I just wanna try it at least once. Here's the link if anyone wants to check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqjz8H_9ZXE
Post 5 IP   flag post
ek, just one more quick question, on those flat db presses, do you put your elbows at 45º or flared out?
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Flared. -3X
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thank u
Post 8 IP   flag post
So did some flat DB press 3x5 today and felt awesome. Touched my "upper" chest and it was pumped. Seems that eknight was right after all.
Peace
Post 9 IP   flag post
340740 9 9
destitute