Post 1 IP   flag post
Thedude67 private msg quote post Address this user
My routine goes like this:
Legs/shoulders
chest/tris
back/bis
rest
repeat...
within a 7 day period, I work all muscle groups twice. I like it...
Post 2 IP   flag post
stamp private msg quote post Address this user
Do you think there would be any benefit doing this split as opposed to just training chest twice a week doing a regular chest workout?
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. I do "regular" chest workouts every time I do chest (comes twice a week for me), hope this helps...
Post 4 IP   flag post
doug_h private msg quote post Address this user
well his split has all pressing movements in one day and all flys in the other i think thats what he means. as for any benefit im not sure ive never tried a split like that but have done "regular" chest workouts twice a week with good results. that is a good question though that ive never thought of before, hopefully someone who knows more than me can answer it for you ha.
Post 5 IP   flag post
stamp private msg quote post Address this user
I've read alot that doing chest twice a week is over training? I just thought this split might be a way of avoiding over training as your working two different areas(if indeed twice a week is over training).
Post 6 IP   flag post
@stamp Please don't start on the "two different areas" theory, this thread will get ugly quick! I don't see any thing wrong with the chest workouts you listed, my two cents...
Post 7 IP   flag post
WinnersNeverQuit private msg quote post Address this user
@stamp you're extremely unlikely to achieve overtraining, hell most people on here train everything twice a week, some train certain bodyparts 3Xweekly even, and it doesn't matter if you do all presses one workout and all flyes the next, the muscle in question will either get worked or it won't, it doesn't matter
Post 8 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnersNeverQuit
@stamp you're extremely unlikely to achieve overtraining, hell most people on here train everything twice a week, some train certain bodyparts 3Xweekly even, and it doesn't matter if you do all presses one workout and all flyes the next, the muscle in question will either get worked or it won't, it doesn't matter

This.. Muscles recover after 48 Hours(2days)of recovery. And then eat right.. Eat big, Lift big, Get big.
Post 9 IP   flag post
kospel private msg quote post Address this user
This week I got into Push/Legs/Pull routine and today was the day I started the cycle again. Had my Push-workout an hour ago and I couldn't lift as much weight as on Monday (this week's first Push-workout). However, this is just my first feelings about doing body 2x a week.

Imo it might take a couple of weeks to adapt body to the higher frequency training-routine. If my body isn't going to recover fully before next cycle I will decrease some volume. Every other cycle without any supersets neither drop sets, just heavy weight. Then the other cycle is going to be my volume-cycle where I could throw in some volume.

Jonrivs that's the main belief but muscles can recover even a week after a harsh stimulation.
Post 10 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
"fri
incline flys
flat flys
low cable flys
high cable flys
pec dec"

Be careful you don't fall asleep in the gym of boredom.

If your doing chest 2x a week do dips and presses not an entire day of silly isolation work.
Post 11 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
OP- The problem with your approach is that functionally, you need to train the opposing groups an equal amount or you're going to be in trouble in the long run. -3X
Post 12 IP   flag post
Cannonball private msg quote post Address this user
Remember that legs needs to be atleast 1/3 of your workouts.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Cannonball private msg quote post Address this user
(not like 33% of every workout, but rather a 5split with legs one day is shit)
Post 14 IP   flag post
Markovich private msg quote post Address this user
You can do this if you want to, many people train each bodypart x2 weekly but I would never use that exercise order or that amount of fly's haha
Personal preference ofcourse =)
Post 15 IP   flag post
eingold private msg quote post Address this user
The dude have no idea how you train shoulders after legs
Post 16 IP   flag post
@eingold I don't have a problem with. I just bang it out and get it done...
Post 17 IP   flag post
eingold private msg quote post Address this user
I barely have the energy to eat let alone train another muscle group
Post 18 IP   flag post
340740 18 18
destitute