Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
LOLSupplementsTestosterone Booster

Joe Rogan & Chael Sonnen Podcast8252

McQueef private msg quote post Address this user
I know there are a lot of Rogan fans out there. I just recently started listening to his podcasts and they are awesome. Here is a cool one that I came across recently. Chael Sonnen is the guest and they hit on some interesting topics, mainly the vitamin/supplement industry and testosterone "treatment" in sports.

If you like either, or both, of these guys, you might enjoy this.

Warning - this video is long!

Post 1 IP   flag post
JJ3065 private msg quote post Address this user
love joe
love sonnen
love this podcast

i'm on Alhpa Brain.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Yeah man, I'm hooked. Very entertaining and insightful...
Post 3 IP   flag post
I used to listen to a bunch of podcasts and now I only listen to Rogan and this American Life
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thedude67 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not a huge fan of Sonnen, he talks to much shit and he doesn't seem to back it up like he should. He's lucky Silva's a good sport, and he'll be really lucky if Jones is one also. I'm not the biggest fan of Rogan either...
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedude67
I'm not a huge fan of Sonnen, he talks to much shit and he doesn't seem to back it up like he should. He's lucky Silva's a good sport, and he'll be really lucky if Jones is one also. I'm not the biggest fan of Rogan either...

To each their own...

I'm wondering though. How exactly is Chael "lucky that Silva is a good sport"?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Come on bro, he invited him to a BBQ at his house! That's not being a good sport? He said some pretty fucked up shit to Silva...
Post 7 IP   flag post
Chael is good at playing the heel. It's his character and it's what the UFC needs. A dude who people can hate on and represent the douchyness of the sport.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Come on bro, he invited him to a BBQ at his house! That's not being a good sport? He said some pretty fucked up shit to Silva...

He was pretty verbally brutal before the fight!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ3065
Chael is good at playing the heal. It's his character and it's what the UFC needs. A dude who people can hate on and represent the douchyness of the sport.

Yeah, I agree with that. Tito played a very similar role, I guess they gotta have THAT guy, don't they...
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:

Anderson was clearly trolling him, and he even released another video this past week (from that BBQ) mocking Chael again. Let's not act like Anderson is the perfect encapsulation of sportsmanship.

I'm not saying that Chael is either.

I am saying that both those fights were entertaining and Chael ALWAYS gets me hyped for his fights. MMA needs more of that.
Post 11 IP   flag post
and more of this...

from this week's TUF
Post 12 IP   flag post
@McQueef He gets me hyped as well, probably not for the same reasons though, I just want to see him get his mouth shut! And to add to that, I don't think he deserves a shot at Jones. How did he earn that over some of the other fighters?

@JJ3065 Saw this, nasty!!
Post 13 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
I'm a big Joe Rogan fan and a big Chael fan seen tons of these, trying to think of some of the very good ones, the Immortal Technique ones are awesome.
Mike Dolce is the man.
Post 14 IP   flag post
SwoleAnimal private msg quote post Address this user
They have Immortal Technique on their show? wow wat have to listen now
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Thedude67 He got the fight because he wants it. Simple as that. Everyone else is running away from the opportunity to fight Jones while Chael begged Dana for it. Also, lets not forget that Chael absolutely DOMInATED Anderson for 4.5 rounds of that first fight. Does this "earn" him nothing?
Post 16 IP   flag post
Haha, he was on steroids dude, and he still couldn't beat him. Look at Alistair and what he did to Lesnar when he was on steroids! Then look at how bad he got his ass kicked when he was off steroid against that giant look'n dude. Yeah, Sonnen wants to fight and he's got alot of courage, but I just don't like the way he banters before the fights, no respect at all...Like always, I'm rooting for Jones...
Post 17 IP   flag post
Silva is the best hands down. IMO best ever. He's out of this world, not from this planet. He would probably be a bigger figure if there wasn't the language barrier.

I like Jones a lot too. Was a bit dissapointed when he got the DUI and did not take the Chael fight. But I love watching him cause he's my same exact stats. (we dont look a like tho )
Post 18 IP   flag post
Scotian private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Haha, he was on steroids dude, and he still couldn't beat him. Look at Alistair and what he did to Lesnar when he was on steroids! Then look at how bad he got his ass kicked when he was off steroid against that giant look'n dude. Yeah, Sonnen wants to fight and he's got alot of courage, but I just don't like the way he banters before the fights, no respect at all...Like always, I'm rooting for Jones...

Lol @ the steroids comment.... The large majority use performance enhancers they just don't get caught. And steroids don't instantly make a fighter or break a fighter. Overeem got knocked out but he dominated the fight before that. A large part of mma is pure luck.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotian
Quote:

Lol @ the steroids comment.... The large majority use performance enhancers they just don't get caught. And steroids don't instantly make a fighter or break a fighter. Overeem got knocked out but he dominated the fight before that. A large part of mma is pure luck.

We must be talking about two different fights...
Post 20 IP   flag post
Chael never tested positive for steroids. He was suspended for failing to properly notify a state athletic commission that he does TRT, which is currently legal in the UFC.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Okay, I'm not here to go back and forth about who I like and who other people like. I don't know how all my comments end up in pissing matches, lol. We'll both see the fight and it should be a good one!
Post 22 IP   flag post
I am just hoping its a good fight that goes a couple rounds deep and doesnt end up in the judges hands.
Post 23 IP   flag post
And don't get me wrong. I love watching Jon Jones fight. He's a beast. I just think he's a fake, smug, GSP-wannabe. He rubs me the wrong way.

Sonnen understands how to promote a fight. Even Jones said that his opinion of Chael changed for the better after getting to know him during TUF.

WAR SONNEN!
Post 24 IP   flag post
^^It's like Tito, never liked the guy til I saw him on TUF, then I saw he was a good coach and a good guy outside of the hype. And was the total opposite for Shamrock, what a douche...
Post 25 IP   flag post
Um so you will say that Overeem beat Brock because he was on steroids... Not because Brock has no chin and had a foot of colon removed and got kneed by a k1 tier striker.

Silva isn't the best hands down there are arguments for Aldo being better imo, if he takes down Pettis moves up beats Bensen then there is no argument.
Except if Anderson beats Weidman maybe.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Chael is a great guy his book is fantastic to be honest, anyone could read it and laugh their asses off.

@ Scotian I would disagree a large part of fighting is pure luck, it's percentages like a game of poker. Even if your Aces against Kings there is still a chance the Kings might win small but its there.
Post 27 IP   flag post
What if Bones beats Sonnen, whats next? Does Dana make the Silva v Bones super fight happen?
Post 28 IP   flag post
@IrishGymSheep I can tell we have total opposite opinions when it comes to the Ufc in general...

@JJ3065 That's one hell of a good question, Dana has made mention of some great fights to come, Silva vs GSP to be one. Who knows who would be next for Jones, I don't see anyone standing a chance to be honest...
Post 29 IP   flag post
340621 29 29
destitute