Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Dirkenhiemer private msg quote post Address this user

Shit like this drives me nuts. I saw a girl the other night who had 95lbs on the bar but was maybe getting 5" ROM. I saw a guy last night trying to squat 135 and got maybe 1/3 of the way down. I just don't understand how people think this is beneficial! #SMH On a side note, I did 320 last night without too much pain! Woot!
Post 1 IP   flag post
AarronStenner private msg quote post Address this user
Is that a pad on the bar? He just feeling the weight hahaa
Post 2 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
lolololololol wtfwtfwtfmymindisblown

Please dont tell me this is at your gym.. haahaha wtf was that?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Dirkenhiemer private msg quote post Address this user
It wasn't at my gym.. But, I've seen squats that are almost this bad. I'll try and get a video tonight of some of the lol's I get at the University gym!
Post 4 IP   flag post
McQueef private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like he wanted to make sure his tip didn't touch the ground.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Millennium1 private msg quote post Address this user
Wow. That may be the worst squat I've ever seen. I got beat in a competition by a squat that wasn't much deeper.
Post 6 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
Actually heavy partials can strengthen the tendons and improve strength so if he did that as part of a balanced workout there is nothing wrong with it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
shannowman private msg quote post Address this user
That's not a squat, it's a power courtsey
Post 8 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
"Supramaximal holds effectively induce a neuromuscular phenomenon known aspostactivation potentiation. This event is caused by numerous complex mechanisms with an emphasis on phosphorylation of the myosin regulatory light chains. Such a response can be effectively induced by supramaximal holds.... After the hold, the ability to perform a maximal voluntary effort is enhanced due to increased sensitivity of the contractile proteins that effectively bind up large amounts of Ca+2 that were released during the supramaximal hold. Therefore, due to enhanced force of the mechanical twitch you end up stronger than before. Cool stuff!"(Waterbury)

The use of partials for strengthening ligaments and tendons is endorsed by the likes of Brooks Kubik, TedArcidi, Doug Hepburn, Chuck Sipes and Marvin Eder but I can't actually find research to back that.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Monster81 private msg quote post Address this user
This past week I have seen a rather tall, large dude front squat and lean forward like a back squat. I thought he was going to fall through the fucking mirror. I kept watching waiting for him to hurt himself or something. A few days later, I watched another dude back squat without touching his heels to the ground. No plates underneath or anything, just standing on his toes going about 2/3 ROM.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Lacedaemon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannowman

THIS
Post 11 IP   flag post
kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishGymSheep
Actually heavy partials can strengthen the tendons and improve strength so if he did that as part of a balanced workout there is nothing wrong with it.
But if you watch his set up you see he had lots of trouble getting it off the rack and he seemed very unsure of himself. It did not look intentional to me at all.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Thedude67 private msg quote post Address this user
Wait a min, you mean this isn't the right way to squat? Haha...
Post 13 IP   flag post
Wbauman private msg quote post Address this user
Link no good for what I tried to post. How do u post a you tube vid. I don't see a place to grab the URL on my phone. I have a few vids of this clown at my gym I'd like to post
Post 14 IP   flag post
Tried again
Post 15 IP   flag post
david12345676 private msg quote post Address this user
possible overload principle.

if you have time, read this article on it. overloading to induce GH production

http://www.robrichesfitness.com/2012/11/11/overload-principle-on-leg-day-600l...
Post 16 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wbauman
Link no good for what I tried to post. How do u post a you tube vid. I don't see a place to grab the URL on my phone. I have a few vids of this clown at my gym I'd like to post
Quote:
Quote:

iPhone fail^

Use the share function under the video on YouTube, rather than copying the URL. Then use the YouTube button to the right
Post 17 IP   flag post
pandasashi private msg quote post Address this user
oh my...i've seen more range of motion during a calf raise..
Post 18 IP   flag post
skullay private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandasashi
oh my...i've seen more range of motion during a calf raise..

THIS! lol
Post 19 IP   flag post
Maarten private msg quote post Address this user
LOL'd
Post 20 IP   flag post
GStarRaw private msg quote post Address this user
Hmmm there's always those quarter reppers in every gym.
Post 21 IP   flag post
johon6 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannowman

I think i may have pee'd a little !
Post 22 IP   flag post
clickable text

Only way I can figure out how to post a vid. This is a guy at my gym. Check his ROM. I have a few others if anyone can tell me how to post them so that they play directly from the thread like the original video.
Post 23 IP   flag post
340621 23 23
destitute