Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
LOLMisc.Supplements

My dad threw my creatine into the toilet :(8148

DFMaster240 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys what's up I am mad as fuck. I am 16 and I been taking creatine and my dad saw and he wanted to know more about it, so we went to the gnc store to ask the worker If it was ok for teens and he says that "OMG MAAN YOUR ONLY 16 YOU DONT LOOK LIKE A BODYBUILDER SO YOU SHOULDN'T TAKE IT AT A YOUNG AGE. IT WILL MESS UP YOUR LIVER AND KIDNEYS" I was confused because I read online and it said it was safe. So my dad was like we just don't want your to harm yourself that all, would you rather listen to a person who knows about this or the Internet??? Then he tossed it out.

What can I do to convince him, and is it safe for teens???

Sorry If it is so long.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Dirkenhiemer private msg quote post Address this user
Lolololololololololololololololololololololol. Sorry, this made me laugh. It's a natural substance found in food. Obviously the guy who told your dad that doesn't know shit about shit. Show him some research articles and hope for the best.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Yeaa man, I am mad as he'll. You know what, FUCK IT! I'll tell my friend to buy me some creatine and use that bitch secretly. LOL if I get caught....Mannnnn I'm screwed!

Dirk is it true that It effects your liver, it says that you have to be 18 to use it?!?!?!?!? I am 16.
Post 3 IP   flag post
BaiTu private msg quote post Address this user
The best thing is probably for you and your dad to talk to your family physician together.

Some guy who works at a grocery story probably isn't the most knowledgable.
Post 4 IP   flag post
It's just like anything else. If you take it in copious amounts then it will probably have side effects. Take it in moderation and you will be fine.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaiTu
The best thing is probably for you and your dad to talk to your family physician together.

Some guy who works at a grocery story probably isn't the most knowledgable.

Thu probly don't even know what it is, my dad asked my doctor about whey protein and he was like "whyey protein?" didn't even know it
Post 6 IP   flag post
As far as I know creatine can dehydrate you, so drink water. Otherwise, it would have to be a pre existing condition to cause serious damage.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Hey guys I started phat and creatine two weeks ago, do you think I should stop phat until I get a new container or stay on phat?? How much strength will I loose?? Since I stopes taking creatine?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Keep with PHAT. Creatine isn't going to make that much of a difference. Keep lifting heavy, and hit your marcos. You'll be good, trust me.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Ok dirk,thanks, mannnnn I am soo pissed right now!!!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
@DFMaster240 honestly if your dad doesn't want you to take creatine it's not a big deal

The benefits are great, but if you can't convince or educate your father don't worry about it. It's his house, and his rules. Don't go behind his back to take it. Show some respect and try to talk to him about it like a mature young man.

But if he still says no, who cares. Eat big and lift big, and you'll still make amazing gains. You're 16, enjoy life.
Post 11 IP   flag post
david12345676 private msg quote post Address this user
eat big and lift big and profit will be yours. you are only 16
Post 12 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
@DFMaster240 honestly if your dad doesn't want you to take creatine it's not a big deal

The benefits are great, but if you can't convince or educate your father don't worry about it. It's his house, and his rules. Don't go behind his back to take it. Show some respect and try to talk to him about it like a mature young man.

But if he still says no, who cares. Eat big and lift big, and you'll still make amazing gains. You're 16, enjoy life.

THIS. That was beautiful Nor. Very beautiful

and OP........ Does your father know you have a sailor mouth like that on online forums?
Post 13 IP   flag post
^HAHAHAHAHA, I'll try to convince him. Do you guys know any articles posted by legit guys with like phd's about creatine for teens?
Post 14 IP   flag post
just start googling bro haha... You will find stuff
Post 15 IP   flag post
Lacedaemon private msg quote post Address this user
Native American diets were super high in creatine due to its high concentration in venison.

Does your dad even know anthropological history of the first Americans?
Post 16 IP   flag post
LOL they are immigrants hardly speak English!

Yo SRBROHOROROR what does it mean to have a sailor mouth? LOL never heard that term before.
Post 17 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
@DFMaster240 it means you cuss a lot, profanities, dgaf
Post 18 IP   flag post
you spelled my name wrong bro..... haha Damn I wonder how I acted when I was 16......... Prob the same... but damn OP, damn hahah
Post 19 IP   flag post
Hahaha didn't realize I cuss so much.....

Oh and what is OP? I see it on every post?!?!??
Post 20 IP   flag post
http://www.internetslang.com/OP-meaning-definition.asp

Come on man its 2013 GOOGLE EVERYTHING
Post 21 IP   flag post
david12345676 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRorhrbac0808

Come on man its 2013 GOOGLE EVERYTHING

lolololololololololololo
Post 22 IP   flag post
LOL My buddy posted this the other day on FB------------------

"Come on man don't make small talk with me in the elevator, this is 2013 stair at your phone like a normal person!!"

lmfao
Post 23 IP   flag post
shannowman private msg quote post Address this user
Lmfao @rorh.
Post 24 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry to spoil your fun, but dad was right on this one. I know of at least a couple of cases of adolescents taking creatine and it causing kidney disease. At 16 your kidneys are still developing, so they can either grow and develop naturally or work overtime trying to filter out all that extra creatinine. There's a reason the label says "over 18." There's also a reason NJ tried to pass legislation that you had to be over 18 to buy it and that the NCAA no longer allows coaches to give it to college athletes. If they could test for it they would. -3X
Post 25 IP   flag post
Damon1962 private msg quote post Address this user
@DFMaster240

Charge it to his heart, not his mind. Dad's intent is to protect you so just let it go for now. Creatine is pretty great, but it's not a game changer. Just cycle off for a few months and then try again with a new approach with dad.
Post 26 IP   flag post
In4gainZ private msg quote post Address this user
Creatine is not a big deal at all, especially for a novice like you, start taking it when you are turning 18
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Sorry to spoil your fun, but dad was right on this one. I know of at least a couple of cases of adolescents taking creatine and it causing kidney disease. At 16 your kidneys are still developing, so they can either grow and develop naturally or work overtime trying to filter out all that extra creatinine. There's a reason the label says "over 18." There's also a reason NJ tried to pass legislation that you had to be over 18 to buy it and that the NCAA no longer allows coaches to give it to college athletes. If they could test for it they would. -3X

Oh SHIT! Are you seriou EK!!!? Damn guys who's right? EK or the rest of you guys.hmmmmm
Post 28 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
I'm shocked that you even need to ask that! I can look up the clinical cases if you're interested. I think I have at least one bookmarked. -3X
Post 29 IP   flag post
Would you mind linking those cases?
Post 30 IP   flag post
340609 54 30
destitute