Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
PHATProgress UpdateTraining Programs

GREAT 6 month PHAT results!8082

kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user
So I started PHAT back in August and the results have been great! I've made minor changes along the way and have been very very consistent. There were times I did skip my off days when I shouldn't have and I see how much more my results improve when I do take my days off. Guess I'm just addicted to the gym.

Before I post results, my diet was very simple... I started with 4000 cal/day and increased to as much as 5000 cal/day. Eating ton's of carb's. Always ate my veggies like mom taught me. But most importantly, I ate incredibly clean.

Pre PHAT:

6ft
176lbs morning weight
8%BF

Chest 45in
Arms 15 1/2in
Thighs 22in
Calves 14in 3/4
Shoulders 49.5in
*Measurements are all unpumped

DB BP 110lb x 5,5,5
Weighted pull-ups 45lb x 10,6
Weighted dips 70lb x 10,8
Deadlift 315lb x 3
Squat 315lb x 6
DB Shoulder press 85 x 6

I injured my should 4 years ago so barbell presses are painful when going heavy so I stay with dumb bells mostly for presses.I had not included deadlifts in a few years until PHAT so my starting DL weight increased pretty quick in the first 3 months. I was also ignoring squats for a while due to back to back ankle and foot injuries while I was deployed. The above squat was also at parallel with a traditional footing. I've since changed to a wider stance and low bar placement and going very deep.

6 MONTH RESULTS:

Still 6ft
184lbs morning weight
8%BF
Chest NA
Arms 16in
Thighs 23in
Calves 15in
Shoulders NA
*I need to ask someone to take my chest & shoulder measurements.
*Measurements are all unpumped

DB BP 120lb x 5, 125x3,3
Weighted pull-ups 45lb x 12,10
Weighted dips 90lb x 10,10
Deadlift 405lb x 2
Squat 315lb x 5
DB Shoulder press 95lb x 5

After 4 months of eating tons of carbs I was actually up to 188lbs. If I weighed myself at night after a huge meal and drinking as much water as humanly possible I actually made it to over 190lbs and over 9% BF. I just liked to see the "190" on the scale. lol. I started eating a lot less carb's and went back form 5000 calories to 3800-4000 and went back down in BF and got some definition back.

I'm still working on bringing my squat up. It's really bothering me. After adjusting my stance and going deeper my thighs were definitely growing and felt much stronger. But at traditional stance and going parallel I was stronger at. But I'm determined to stick with deep squats. Legs aren't impressive yet, but at least they are growing.

So in 6 months I've increased lean muscle by 8 pounds, definition seems about the same, and an increase in all measurements and all lifts.
Post 1 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Dang. You natty bro?

Haha kidding. Your new profile pic shows your gains compared to the profile pics you used to have!

I had similar results switching from a somewhat bro split to phat!

Keep up the good work dude!

What are your current goals!?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Natty for life. Sounds like a T-shirt lol

I think that the change from going back and forth from a power routine to mass routine weren't optimal for me. Gaining strength with PHAT really seemed to help me gain muscle too. Mr. Norton was correct.

I also realized how much I had been over training and have become much more disciplined in taking my rest days.

New goals are (next 6 months):

1. Squat 365lb x 1 (still deep)
2. Get back to my max barbell BP of 355lb from 4 years ago. I gotta find a way to work through my shoulder though.
3. Get to 190lbs morning weight. That's 6 pounds. 1 lb/month. And stay at same BF.
4. Deadlift 455lb x 1.
5. AND BRING MY LEGS UP! As long as they keep growing I'm happy but they still feel small compared to the rest of me.

My buddy Marcus has been helping me with my form too. Which also helped a lot.

Post 3 IP   flag post
cassious private msg quote post Address this user
Still 6 foot? do you even lift?
Post 4 IP   flag post
To get taller I'm going to start including upside down hanging calf raises superset with hanging shoulder press.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Millennium1 private msg quote post Address this user
Great result man!

I love when someone keeps track of their progress. You know exactly what you've improved and at what rate.

This is motivating for the rest of us. I can't wait until I get my bodyfat levels down low enough that I can bulk. I've been working far too long at losing fat that I haven't made size gains. Looking forward to growing muscle!
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Millennium1 Thanks man. I finally feel like I'm back on track now. I'm tied now for the most I've ever weighed, which was about 4 years ago. But being back at that and being even a bit stronger feels great.
Yeah, the tracking is my motivation. Every increase in any number in any way is my best motivation.
Post 7 IP   flag post
KalletSc private msg quote post Address this user
Great results! Just curious, how old are you man?
Post 8 IP   flag post
31 as of last week.
Post 9 IP   flag post
david12345676 private msg quote post Address this user
swole patrol in the house
Post 10 IP   flag post
JJ3065 private msg quote post Address this user

AWESOME!!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
chriselkins private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassious
Still 6 foot? do you even lift?

haha, wanted to say that as well.
Post 12 IP   flag post
david12345676 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ3065

AWESOME!!!
Post 13 IP   flag post
wannabebigman private msg quote post Address this user
Going to start PHAT training ASAP, but Im currently cutting, will I be wasting my time? Or will it help get real definition? I know that my power probably wont go up much.. Any help is much appreciated. Really impressed by your results man
Post 14 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
@wannabebigman getting "real definition"..... Firstly idk what that actually means, but definition is going to be dependent of body fat levels, which will come from your diet not your training methods

And if your diet is on point, you can certainly see strength gains while cutting
Post 15 IP   flag post
Monster81 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice man! Goes to show that lean bulking does work if you do it right. Way to keep your BF down bro! This has me stoked for my own bulk.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Thedude67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickinchicken
To get taller I'm going to start including upside down hanging calf raises superset with hanging shoulder press.

Plus 1 for the upside down calve raises! I've grown 1 ft in 3 months from those! Went from 5'3" to 6'3"!!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Markovich private msg quote post Address this user
Nice job and nice results, but did your 315 squat drop by 1 rep?
Post 18 IP   flag post
@Markovich Yes it did. Kinda. I stated off traditional stance then switched to a low bar wide stance. I feel it a lot more in my hamstrings. It's more difficult for me though because apparently my hamstrings really need to catch up with my quads.

@wannabebigman Like @Norlda said. And I don't know why you think your power wouldn't go up but PHAT is designed for strength as well as size. You won't be wasting your time as long as your diet is in check. Thanks.

@Monster81 Kill it!!!

@Thedude67 Now if I could just find an exercise to help me lose and inch or two but keep my muscle mass. Hmmm...
Post 19 IP   flag post
johon6 private msg quote post Address this user
awesome gains dude !!!
i'm gonna give PHAT a crack whilst cutting, see how i go,
Post 20 IP   flag post
340762 20 20
destitute