Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingCardioPHATSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Routine Trouble.7789

KalletSc private msg quote post Address this user
Well the new college semester started today and as a Bioengineering major I got SLAMMED! Basically, my classes usually end around 4..but by the time I get to the gym, I don't have time to get a quality workout in due to the loads of lifters at the gym.

My current routine (basically PHAT/PHD4) has me going to the gym: monday, tuesday...thursday-saturday. Monday and tuesday are power...thurs-sat hypertrophy.

Problem is: I am unable to get a lift in on Thursdays now. I was wondering if I could make this change to my PHAT routine:

Sunday: Upper Body Power
Monday: Lower Body power
Tuesday: HIIT, Abs, Calves, Forearms
Wednesday: Chest and Back Hyper
Thursday: OFF with some cardio of possible
Friday: Arms and Shoulder Hypertrophy
Saturday: Light leg hypertrophy.

All critique is welcome. Thanks.
Post 1 IP   flag post
kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user
Are there any gaps before 4pm in classes? Say 90 minutes from 1pm-230pm or something? You could go to class in gym clothes and then just be sweaty for a class or something. Sounds like it's going to be a big change. But it can always be worked out. Early morning or lunch workouts and eating during class or something.
Post 2 IP   flag post
well weekends are free...then everyday except thursday, I have from 6:30am to 9am to lift. So thats what I was going to do. Other than that, nope the gaps in the other classes are too short
Post 3 IP   flag post
Sounds like you need to make that 630-900am sacred time for gym/breakfast. I started trying to workout this month at 615am 5 days a week now. Its a HUGE change for me. I've been going in the afternoons half of my life. I had to change my eating schedule and go to bed early and pre pack at night and pack differently. But nothing working dedicating time to daily is easy. Its just change. Not impossible, just change.

And you have weekends to sleep in
Post 4 IP   flag post
hah true true. Also, do to research, I feel like 5 day splits are not "optimal" to natural lifters...but I feel like a 5 day split would be perfect for me at this point. With a diet on point, does anyone think a 5 day split can still be decent for a mix of strength/hypertrophy gains.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Dukenhiemer private msg quote post Address this user
If I had my choice I would lift at 6-7 AM every morning, makes me feel so accomplished!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Last semester, was so perfect. I used to run every morning at 6am and hit abs or calves. Then I would lift around 12pm... 6 times a week. I made huge gains, fought against that infamous freshman 15, and really loved what i was doing. Now with this new schedule, it forces me to lay off the gym a little bit and it sucks. I haven't slowed my roll for 2 1/2 years and It sucks having to limit my time working out :/. But with calculus, chemistry, and biology all in the same semester, I've really gotta be all about the books.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalletSc
hah true true. Also, do to research, I feel like 5 day splits are not "optimal" to natural lifters...but I feel like a 5 day split would be perfect for me at this point. With a diet on point, does anyone think a 5 day split can still be decent for a mix of strength/hypertrophy gains.
You could even do a 2 a day on days that you had time and then it wouldn't really be such a big split, kinda.
Post 8 IP   flag post
340630 8 8
destitute