Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
ChestSplit Advice

Guilotine Press7694

AarronStenner private msg quote post Address this user
Would any of you favour this over your normal bench press when training hypertrophy specific? If so what makes it better?
Post 1 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
Is this the type of exercise were in you lower the bar on the neck when doing bench presses instead of mid chest?. I'm also curious about this one. I tried to do this but i cant go deep like were the bar can touch your chest so i end up doing my normal press that is on mid my the chest.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Yes thats the one
Post 3 IP   flag post
IMO.. This is built for upper chest. but since we all know that actually there is no such thing is an upper chest. The chest is just a big muscle. If you want to target an object the best way to hit it good is through its middle. But if there is a good benefits from doing this. i also really want to know..
Post 4 IP   flag post
Yeah id like to know if it has any advantages over regular bench press
Post 5 IP   flag post
adam82a private msg quote post Address this user
A friend once told me it focuses more on the chest than normal BB BP... I am doubtful about though. I tried it a couple of times but it felt unnatural to my shoulders and I already had shoulder problems during press exercises so I decided to skip it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Monster81 private msg quote post Address this user
I've tried them and it felt uncomfortable/slightly painful on my shoulders.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Elminister private msg quote post Address this user
Guillotine press? Sounds dangerous!
Post 8 IP   flag post
McQueef private msg quote post Address this user
Guillotine press is a great way to destroy your shoulders.
Post 9 IP   flag post
In4gainZ private msg quote post Address this user
It's like incline press on a flat bench
Post 10 IP   flag post
Thedude67 private msg quote post Address this user
Not to a sheep jump'n on the bandwagon, but I tried these last week and they didn't feel good to me...Doesn't mean they won't work for you though...
Post 11 IP   flag post
cassious private msg quote post Address this user
wouldnt they recruit more front delt?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Im not sure at all, i tried them today; I could never go heavy on that exercise but I did feel more pec involvement
Post 13 IP   flag post
Thor private msg quote post Address this user
It's retarded, don't bother with it
Post 14 IP   flag post
McQueef private msg quote post Address this user
It boils down to the powerlifting vs. bodybuilding benchpress technique debate. Many bodybuilders love the guillotine press because it apparently recruits more pectoral muscle fibers.

What it also does is force you to flare out your elbows and stop the bar before it reaches your neck. Each of these conditions put an immense amount of strain on your shoulders. To combine these two conditions together in the same lift is a horrible idea IMO.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I wont be using it in my routine over bench press but I may do it now and again for change
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueef
Many bodybuilders love the guillotine press because it apparently recruits more pectoral muscle fibers.
Hi bro.. Do you have link or article that says it recruits more pectoral muscle fibers.
Post 17 IP   flag post
It was somewhere on here www.simplyshredded.com/muscle-specific-hypertrophy-chest-triceps-and-shoulders-by-menno-henselmans.html
Post 18 IP   flag post
GettingThere private msg quote post Address this user
i have a mate that struggles to do normal bench press. when he started going to the gym he thought guillotine press was correct form for standard bench.
Post 19 IP   flag post
FiremanSi private msg quote post Address this user
Tried this and i feel like i could SNAP my sh*t up. Either pec tear or front delt !! Serious stretch but not safe for me anyway!!
Post 20 IP   flag post
BBS private msg quote post Address this user
going to put a lot of stress in places where you don't want it. one in particular the AC joint.
Post 21 IP   flag post
340764 21 21
destitute