Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
PHATTraining Programs

Temped to start PHAT - awaiting approval!7502

poepneus private msg quote post Address this user
Hi guys,

I've come across Layne Norton's Phat workout as I'm very interested.

My question is: Should I give it a go?

***Background***
5'8"
Weighed 57 kg.
1.5 years ago I started with a 3x week full body workout. With my total inexperience I missed workouts and my diet was pathetic (there was no diet). However, I managed to gain 3 Kg.

I had to stop working out for a 4 months because of some life changes, I literally didn't had time.

Then I started again and switched over to an upper/lower split (3 sets x 8-10reps per muscle group)
Much more fun that the full body workouts.
I've gained 6 more Kg in 9 months. Started eating more and gained some belly fat as well.
(lots of fast foods).

***Currently***
I'm weighing 66 kg now. Have a loads of determination and above all, time to sleep and diet properly. Which is a first.

Some people recommended SS and other very basic workouts but they really just doesn't seem like a lot of fun.

Is it worth trying out PHAT or will I be wasting my time and effort ?

*Please let me know if there's extra info I should give
*My goal is to pack on more muscle mass.

cheers!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Markovich private msg quote post Address this user
Don't worry too much about getting some belly fat, it will only make you look more like Bane, am I right? haha

but some people will say that phat is not a beginners workout plan, maybe you should have more expierience training first. Even though I don't know have long you have been training or how old you are :p

Everybody that have tried PHAT on this forum seems to make good gains in short periods of time. So it would not hurt. I think you should go for it, if you are ready
Post 2 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
He'll yah try phat man! Give it a solid 8-12 weeks and sit back and evaluate progress
Post 3 IP   flag post
Awesome!

I'm so eager to get into this, can't wait.

@Markovich, I'm 24 now, have been lifting for a year and a few months.

I'm definitely still a beginner, however, I can say with confidence that I can execute the compounds lifts i'm used to very well.

Thanks for the replies.
Post 4 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
^Hell yah bud. I am glad to hear that you started out slow with a 3x a week full body routine and progressed to an upper/lower split and didn't just jump into a crazy ass program that ppl who have been lifting for 12+ years should be on with steroids hahaha. And its good to hear that your compound lifts are excellent with your form and confidence.

You should do just fine on it brotha! Good luck to yah.
Post 5 IP   flag post
stewie private msg quote post Address this user
Go for it, in the beginning you'll probably be sore everyday, but just stick with it.

Poepneus? Are you afrikaans?
Post 6 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
Try it out. The only way you can know if the program is great is by giving it a go. PHAT is a great program. Most of people recommend it because they have great results from it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thanks guys, will be keeping logs and will give an updates after 4 weeks Starting on the 3rd

@Stewie, yea I am. Regretting my choice of username a bit now I'm guessing you're as well?
Post 8 IP   flag post
stewie private msg quote post Address this user
Cool, you'll see some great strength gains as well.

Haha, yeah I'm Afrikaans.
Post 9 IP   flag post
340737 9 9
destitute