Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
ArmsBulkingChestSplit Advice

arms getting much bigger than chest?7465

SupremeLeader private msg quote post Address this user
i've noticed recently my arms are developing a lot quicker than my chest, i train them both once a week, chest on monday and bi's/tri's on a Wednesday. dont wanna be looking to out of proportion! should i train chest more to make up for it?
Post 1 IP   flag post
SwoleAnimal private msg quote post Address this user
You can try to add an extra chest day.
Post 2 IP   flag post
dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeLeader
i've noticed recently my arms are developing a lot quicker than my chest, i train them both once a week, chest on monday and bi's/tri's on a Wednesday. dont wanna be looking to out of proportion! should i train chest more to make up for it?

Add volume to your chest day, it'll be the best thing for it
Post 3 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Essentially, you're training arms twice a week on your split because of their involvement in pressing and pulling movements. Either drop your arms day or add a second chest/back day. -3X
Post 4 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user

Historys strongmen by todays standards almost all would be considered to be lacking in "Chest".

Chances are your developing normally if you aren;'t doing this strictly for bodybuilding.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@IrishGymSheep Intradasting. So training wise, what is the biggest difference between the way they used to train and the way that we train today? More isolations?
Post 6 IP   flag post
dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
Last picture, dude is lackin in clothes.
Post 7 IP   flag post
pandasashi private msg quote post Address this user
if you think about it, we use our arms and back a lot more than we use chest... what do humans do/what did they do thousands of years ago that would require a lot of chest strength? i cant think of much...
Post 8 IP   flag post
Dukenhiemer private msg quote post Address this user
I just got a stiffie....
Post 9 IP   flag post
@pandasashi Before I started taking lifting seriously I didn't even know chest was a muscle. All I knew was that area looked a bit fuller after I did pushups.
Post 10 IP   flag post
haha thats funny.. pretty useless muscle..its not like to lift something we lay under it and press it upwards, we just bend over and lift it deadlift style...
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoleAnimal
@IrishGymSheep Intradasting. So training wise, what is the biggest difference between the way they used to train and the way that we train today? More isolations?

Quite the opposite, they did tons of deadlifts with all sorts of grips and alot of one handed stuff.
Same with Clean and jerks.
They did a lot of farmers walk aswell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermann Gorner
1.) Two Hands Snatch: After loosening up with calisthenics he would work up in 8 or 10 sets of between 1 and 3 reps from around 125 to 300 lbs. on a good day.

2.) Two Hands Clean & Jerk: Beginning with 220 lbs. he would work up slowly to near his limit, which was almost 400 lbs. It should be noted that he used a very shallow split style on both the snatch and the clean & jerk, barely dipping under the weight.

3.) Two Hands Continental to the Shoulders: When he felt really well, he would put more weight on the bar after his heaviest clean & jerks and do several single continental lifts. He did them by taking the weight from the floor to his belt, then boosting it from there up to his shoulders. His best was around 450 lbs.

4.) Two Hands Curl: Goerner usually did 4 or 5 sets of this, working up to a maximum super-strict rep or two with 220 lbs.

5.) If the weather permitted, he usually ended his sessions with either some slow running or some swimming.

Tuesday –

1.) Curl & Press with Kettlebells: Approximately 10 sets, going from 55 lbs. to 110 lbs. in 5½ lb. jumps (2½ kilo) jumps. These were done very strictly – usually only 1 or 2 reps with each arm, working up quickly to the 110 lb. bells.

2.) Clean & Military Press: Approximately 8 sets of 3 to 5 reps, going from 198 to 264 in 22 lb. jumps, doing 2 sets with each weight.

3.) One Hand Swing with Kettlebells: Approximately 8 sets (4 with each arm) beginning with 110 and sometimes going as high as 254 (using two kettlebells grasped in one hand).

4.) Deadlift: Usually 6 to 8 sets, never exceeding 3 reps. He usually began with 440 lbs. (200 kilos) and worked up to almost 800 lbs. Often he would do his lighter sets without a hook, or with only three fingers on each hand, or two, or only one.

Wednesday -

Rest

Thursday -

1.) Curl & Press with Kettlebells: Same as Tuesday.

2.) One Hand Snatch: Usually, he would work up slowly in this lift, going from 110 to 220 with each hand.

3.) One Hand Clean & Jerk: As in the snatch, he would do quite a few sets, always using low reps (usually just one), working up to a best of 265.

4.) One Hand Deadlift: Alternating hands, Goerner would work up gradually in poundage from around 220 to over 700 lbs. on his good days, doing 10 to 12 sets.

5.) Squats: During this period, he usually squatted once each week, never more, and he would begin with around 220 and work up to approximately 600. He never really concentrated on this lift. Again, he favored low reps, 3 to 5.

Friday -

1.) Clean & Press: Same as Tuesday.

2.) One Hand Swing: Same as Tuesday.

3.) Muscle-Outs with Kettlebells: He usually did these with “light” (up to 65 lbs. in each hand) weights and higher repetitions as a shoulder developer.

4.) Grip Work: Often, Goerner would practice lifting heavy barbells and dumbells with one, two or three fingers.

Saturday -

1.) Curl & Press with Kettlebells: Same as Tuesday.

2.) Two Hands Snatch: Same as Monday.

3.) Two Hands Clean & Jerk: Same as Monday.

4.) Front Squat: From time to time he did these, going up to a best of over 500 lbs.

5.) Two Hands Curl: Same as Monday.

Sunday -

Rest.

This is the second guy.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatson

Sandow is a God, you best not be insulting. people on here complaining the father of modern bodybuilding aint wearing clothes...
Post 13 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishGymSheep
Quote:

Sandow is a God, you best not be insulting. people on here complaining the father of modern bodybuilding aint wearing clothes...

aka... Who the Trophy for the Mr. Olympia is named after.
Post 14 IP   flag post
EFJK private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

He's allowed to do whatever he wants lol. The Father of Bodybuilding
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFJK
Quote:

He's allowed to do whatever he wants lol. The Father of Bodybuilding

THANK YOU
Post 16 IP   flag post
poetreeflava private msg quote post Address this user
I do chest twice a week... one is a heavy day and the other is for volume! I may hit my arms as my second workout of the day, but only light because my bi are getting hit during deadlifts and other back exercises and tris get hit during my press exercises. Now if I wanna tone my arms I will throw them in on another day as well. It has workout great for me!
Post 17 IP   flag post
if biceps are getting hit during deads, ur doing it wrong
Post 18 IP   flag post
I have to grip the bar. I dont use straps and I go 500+ I do not pull with my arms just my legs and lower back. I do have to hold the bar the whole time though!
Post 19 IP   flag post
holding a bar doesnt work ur biceps...grip strength is mostly forearms
Post 20 IP   flag post
I will agree most of it is in your for arms, but do me a favor tense your fist right now and squeeze real tight. what else tenses up too? thats right biceps! not a major muscle engaged, but I would say it is at least engaged isometrically!
Post 21 IP   flag post
not really... but whatever floats ur boat lol
Post 22 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eknight
Essentially, you're training arms twice a week on your split because of their involvement in pressing and pulling movements. Either drop your arms day or add a second chest/back day. -3X
agree.. Your working you arms twice a week. When you do your chest, you are also applying work to tri.same with back and bi.
Post 23 IP   flag post
340738 23 23
destitute