Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Bench PressChest

The Basics of BenchPress7289

SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrivs49
What can you say about this video?.. Brandon Recommends partial reps to build thick chest.

LOL I didn't watch this vid.... But I am assuming he is using partial reps. What you MUST understand is that shit that works for some, won't for others. ALSO, how in the world are you going to compare a PRO athlete to one of us hahaha I mean srs. Did it every occur to you that their mind/muscle connections are out of this world. Why do you think when you watch Jay Cutler, Ronnie Coleman, Branch Warran train their form looks like COMPLETE shit and goes against everything in the field of biomechanics... WELL their able to get away with that because they have been using their mind/muscle connection since like 12 years old. LOL they can take a shit and grow their traps.... Food for thought
Post 26 IP   flag post
SwoleAnimal private msg quote post Address this user
My buddy who is training to become a personal trainer relayed to me that his instructor told him that arching the lower back actually caused injury. Have you guys heard this before? I've always arched.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Nyko private msg quote post Address this user
I've cramped up a hammy forcing too much arch into my back during a bench before. (cool story bro) No but srs. I think there is a middle ground that is effective.
Post 28 IP   flag post
jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRorhrbac0808
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrivs49
What can you say about this video?.. Brandon Recommends partial reps to build thick chest.

LOL I didn't watch this vid.... But I am assuming he is using partial reps. What you MUST understand is that shit that works for some, won't for others. ALSO, how in the world are you going to compare a PRO athlete to one of us hahaha I mean srs. Did it every occur to you that their mind/muscle connections are out of this world. Why do you think when you watch Jay Cutler, Ronnie Coleman, Branch Warran train their form looks like COMPLETE shit and goes against everything in the field of biomechanics... WELL their able to get away with that because they have been using their mind/muscle connection since like 12 years old. LOL they can take a shit and grow their traps.... Food for thought
Understood that there are exercises that wont work for some and there are already pro athletes with good genetics that takes anabolic shits. But if you watched the vid. His idea behind chest workout. He recommends that doing partial rep is better thats why people with short arms have great chest..
Post 29 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey, as long as the individual performing the workout routine/exercise believes it is working for them. Then 99% of the time it is working because they believe. If he believes partials are working, then there working If I believe full ROM is working form me, then it's working.

There is no black/white in the sport of bodybuilding. THere is A LOT of gray area. SOME areas are obvious black/white.. MOST are gray. With that being said, best not to go to the gym and notice someone doing something completely wrong and make assumptions, because in some cases they could be doing it right and your the jack ass :p
Post 30 IP   flag post

jonrivs49 private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah you got a point.. hehe.. I actually watched this many years ago. Ive tried to do partial rep, but did not like stopping in the middle when pushing the bar and still end up doing full range.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Dukenhiemer private msg quote post Address this user
Partial reps are for pussies. Do it right or not at all.
Once you get to their level, you can do and say whatever you want. I've developed a great chest with zero partials whatsoever. All it takes is consistency.
Just my two cents.
Post 32 IP   flag post
340617 32 7
destitute