Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
PHATSplit AdviceTraining Programs

PHAT UB Power Day7217

Nyko private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone thought of separating it to a Push/Pull upper body same as hypertrophy day?

I realize this may then become similar to a 5,3,1 Program or traditional Push/Pull however keeping the rep ranges and motions separate.

Any thoughts for or against it?
Post 1 IP   flag post
JJ3065 private msg quote post Address this user
I actually did this awhile ago, kind of a Phat Push Pull Leg hybrid. Have liked it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Did you see better gains either strength or size?
Post 3 IP   flag post
I think its too soon (been doing for a month now) to say this, that, or another.

But I can say as of now, I feel like I am getting better/more fruitful sets. If that's bc I have switched some stuff up in the routine, I can't say for sure.

I cut back on the amount of exercises/lifts and increased the number of sets and I can say that I have really liked that.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Yeah I have noticed that as I have increased the weight in the earlier exercises by the time I get to Shoulders and Arms I almost struggle to match the previous week.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Definitely know what you mean. I actually took shoulders out and gave them to leg day

Day1: Chest/Tri
Day2: Back/Bi
Day 3: Legs/Shoulders & Traps
Post 6 IP   flag post
Hmm I had put Abs onto the end of leg day but maybe I can flip flop and put abs on UB and Shoulders on Lower Power.

Do you change on Hypertrophy or did you keep them the same? Its really just power day I have noticed it.

EDITED** Corrected my double type
Post 7 IP   flag post
I've been treating it like Power vs. Hyper. So the Monday when I do Chest/Tri its power, then when it comes back around on Thursday I treat it as a Hypertrophy.

6-8 reps, 4 sets for power
10-15 reps, 5 sets hyper

But hey this all me playing around with stuff. I just like trying new things but I'm not really piloting this ship haha.
Post 8 IP   flag post
In4gainZ private msg quote post Address this user
It's just a template, do what feels good for you, there is no the ultimate routine, if you have problem with recovery,gettin bored from it or sticking with plateaus, so you can make it suitable for you.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by In4gainZ
It's just a template, do what feels good for you, there is no the ultimate routine, if you have problem with recovery,gettin bored from it or sticking with plateaus, so you can make it suitable for you.

Yes. It was a question directed more if anyone has already done it or had similar results. Which is exactly what JJ responded with.
Post 10 IP   flag post
340764 10 10
destitute