Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CuttingPHATTraining LogTraining Programs

Dans cutting the PHAT log7055

DanB private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks buddy Ive only lost just under 4lbs so far but the difference in the mirror seems greater which is what counts! i wanted a program which would help keep as much strength as possible throughout cutting and think PHAT is definitely the best program going to help me do that. i will try to keep logging my numbers on the hypo days in future as this week i didnt.
im just aiming to lose around 1.5lbs a week and adjusting kcals and adding extra cardio as needed throughout, dont really want to risk trying to lose more than that been natural as i feel muscle loss will be inevitable if i did. overall goal is just to get as lean as possible before a lean bulk.

Do you have a log on here mate?
Post 26 IP   flag post
what are these green thumbs up in the corner of the txt boxs? ive clicked a few and assume they mean good post? haha
Post 27 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB
what are these green thumbs up in the corner of the txt boxs? ive clicked a few and assume they mean good post? haha

Hahaha, Thats how you rep a post dude. Thats why by my name it says 15,589 or something, and yours says 13

Just a way to like a post similar to Facebook.
Post 28 IP   flag post
dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
15,862... Thats cute.
Post 29 IP   flag post
lol jk bro i <3 you
Post 30 IP   flag post

#2 In Reps I do Believe. Jerk.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
#2 In Reps I do Believe. Jerk.

And #1 biggest member.. I wouldn't complain:P
Post 32 IP   flag post
I hate my life.

Never Good enough!
Post 33 IP   flag post
haha thanks for clearing that up mate.

i had a great upper power workout tonight!
im 4lbs lighter yet my lifts have increased!
love these power days.. any excuse to wak some more weight on the bar!
will post numbers in the morning
Post 34 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Yo Dan. Yeah bud I got a log here Its a bulking log! with or favorite PHAT workout!

man I can't wait to lift some heavy ass weight on power day haha. NICE
Post 35 IP   flag post
Ill find it and pop in mate. yeah i get the feeling this whole forums crazy on PHAT haha.

RIGHT. UPPER POWER DAY - in kg

bend over rows -
wu - 60x25
wk - 100x5, 120x5, 120x5
(cant believe ive lost weight yet gained on this)

weighted pull ups -
wk - bw +20 x10, bw +30kg x5
(added a little too much on the second set and missed rep target by 1 rep, failed on 6th but was really happy as about 4 months ago i was only getting like 6 reps with bodyweight, never been great at pull ups)

wide chins -
wk - bw x10, bw x10
(gonna start adding weight to these next week)

weighted dips - using dipping belt
wk - bw +30 x8, bw +30 x7

flat db press -
wk - 44's x3, 40'sx5, 40'sx5
(only got 2 last week with the 44's so was happy to hit my target reps for this set of 3 reps)

smith shoulder press - weight not including bar
(still a little cautious after i felt something in my scap go last week during standing barbell military press so opted for smith)
wk - +70x10, +80x6, +70x8

sure the numbers will climb over the weeks to come, i hope!

barbell curls - ive been using the ez bar as the straight barbell hurts my wrists but some bicep boy was using it for his 1000 sets of swing curls.. so..
wk - 50x9, 50x9, 50x7

this isnt great for me.. last time i had barbell curls in my routine i had 60x6 so i feel weak sure its due to the bicep involvement in the back movements earlier in the workout though.

ez skullcrushers - weight not including bar
wk - 40x10, 45x8, 45x7

OVERALL -
had a great workout. increased some lifts so happy with that. bring on lower power.
Post 36 IP   flag post
lower power was crazy.. i missed front squats as the squat rack got taken over as i was filling up my water bottle but i increased my squat from 172.5x4 last week to 177.5x4 this week!! kg increase in a week and 4+lbs lighter what the hell is this PHAT!!! :o

will upload numbers with tonights workout later on. tonights workout may differ depending on when i find out the dates the gym is closed, if im able to get in my 3 hypo workouts before the gym closes ill do them as normal if now ill do chest/arms today and back/delts tomorrow rather than having a rest day today and doing cardio.
Post 37 IP   flag post
back in thegym tonight after 3 days off for the christmas period.
cutting diet got destroyed on christmas day haha but was back on track boxing day

tonights workout was upper power and wow.. that cheesecake i ripped apart on christmas day must have given me some extra strength cause my flat db press, barbell rows, ez curls, ez skullcrushers, and weighted parralel bar dips were all stronger today than ever!

weighted pull ups - although my first set was lighter than last week by kg for the same reps my second set increased by 2 reps with the heavier weight so and progress is good.
wk - bw +15x10, +30x7

barbell rows - shocked at how much these have improved in the few weeks ive followed phat so far! i couldnt not add weight!
wu - 60x25
wk - 100x5, 120x, 125x5!

wide chins -
wk - bw x10,10

flat db press - these improved amazingly from just last week! i swear there was something in that cheesecake at christmas!
wk - 44's x5!!, 44's x5!!, 46'sx3!!

44's x5 alone for one set would of bettered last weeks numbers so were the extra set of 44's x5, and then 46's x3 came from i have no idea! shocked myself.

weighted parralel bar dips -
wk - bw +30x8, +35x5

standing military press - didnt go as heavy as i should of/ could of but controlled the movement.
60x10, 60x10, 60x10

will up weight next week had a bad experience with my back the other week doing standing military so easing myself back in.

ez curls - weight does not include the bar, bar weights around 7kg standard ez bar.
wk - 50x6, 50x6, 50x5

happy with these good form as always and controlled negative.

ez skulcrushers - weight not including bar
wk - 40x10, 50x6,47.5x8

did a few overhand barbell curls and straight bar cable pushdowns as well as a few heavy sets on the crunch machine.

Overall -
VERY happy with todays workout increased some lifts which is always great and had a great pump leaving the gym, plus as iv been on low carbs lately the christmas carb up made me full and enjoyed a quiet pose in the changing rooms haha!
Post 38 IP   flag post
Millennium1 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm impressed with the weighted pull ups and the chins. I just can't seem to get stronger on my pull ups. My weights go up on all other back exercises but I'm just not very good with pull ups for some reason.

Keep up the good work.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Thanks buddy!!
I used to be useless with them myself and am still not too great. when i started doing wide chins i was only able to do one rep with proper form and failing the second then they just improved week after week same as anything over time

whats your log called mate ill pop in
Post 40 IP   flag post
http://forum.simplyshredded.com/topic/7336/millennium1s-cutting-thread/

I can do about 7 with good form then I just do a few negatives. I'm all about the rack chins now to try and build the lats.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Thanks mate ill pop in now. And yeah i enjoy doing rack chins.

Tonight was lower power day. I hit a pb of squatting 180kg for 3 reps so felt great! the rest of the workout wasnt amazing but i increased my squat again so happy! will write up the workout in the morning
Post 42 IP   flag post
Reps for a new PB
Post 43 IP   flag post
Lower power -

squat -
wu - 80x10, 110x10
wk - 170x5, 180x3!! 177.5x2
(didnt rest enough between the 2nd and last set so believe thats why i only got 2 reps.. but i dont care i hit a pb! 180kg x3 ill take that anyday, 200kg by the end of the 2013 for reps? :p bring it!)

stiff legged deadlifts -
wk - 110x, 110x5, 110x5
(confused as to why i was so weak on these today.. probably the heavy squats before, also got a pump in my lower back that was irritating)

deadlifts - decided to blow off extensions and leg curls for some traditional deads
wk - 150kgx5, 150x5, 150x5, 170x1
(i know these are crap deadlift weights but ive not done them for a long time so decided to get form with 3 sets of 5 reps.. and lower back felt weak when not on the positive but on the negative of the 170kg set so left it at that, im going to add these back into my routine though for sure on back hypo day.. even though i class them as more of a lower body movement done from the floor i dont want to add them on squat days)

calve press -
200kg x10, 200kg x10, 200kg x10, 180 x10, 150 x10

some heavy crunches on crunch machine 5 sets of 10-15 reps

overall found my love for traditional deadlifts again and cant wait to do more on back/ shoulder hypo day tomorrow!
Post 44 IP   flag post
ALL PREPARE FOR THE 1ST OF JANUARY NEW YEARS RESOLUTION GYM STARTERS, GYM TIMES FOR REAL TRAINING WILL BE 6AM-9AM, 8PM-11PM .. THE EQUIPMENT DURING THE TIMES OF 9AM-8PM WILL BE TAKEN BY PART TIMERS.
Post 45 IP   flag post
chest/ back hypo tonight. BRING IT
Post 46 IP   flag post
Thedude67 private msg quote post Address this user
@DanB I skimmed through your posts and couldn't find your stats? How tall/weight/BF/age? I'm curious to see what kind of improvements your making. Also, good work with this, very inspiring!
Post 47 IP   flag post
340613 47 22
destitute