Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
CuttingPHATTraining LogTraining Programs

Dans cutting the PHAT log7055

DanB private msg quote post Address this user
In this thread i will be logging all my workouts to keep track of my numbers over the next 12 weeks of cutting. Im currently holding more fat than i ever have (%/ numnbers will be up tomorrow after measuring/ weighing).
I am going to be using PHAT for the first time throughout the 12 weeks and adding cardio as needed throughout.
Just completed my second day of PHAT today which was lower power and loved it!

My plan is to continue cutting until ive shed my fat and down to a very lean base, then i plan to lean bulk just above maintenence over a longer period of time carrying me through to the end of 2013.

... Bring it!
Post 1 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Right on dude, Good luck! I'll be lurking!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Dirkenhiemer private msg quote post Address this user
In for it! Kill it!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
Right on dude, Good luck! I'll be lurking!

Thanks bro, ill try not to dissapoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenhiemer
In for it! Kill it!

Cheers man will do.

Sure posting here and having people hold me accountable will definitely help
Post 4 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
hell yeah man. Good luck sir!

#phat is king
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRorhrbac0808
hell yeah man. Good luck sir!

#phat is king

Thanks bro, yeah im getting that impression by the 1000 PHAT logs and threads on this forum haha, gonna kill every workout and shed this fat.
Post 6 IP   flag post
bunter225 private msg quote post Address this user
Will also lurk! Logging on here def makes you push bigger numbers!
Post 7 IP   flag post
WEEK 1

Workouts from Mon/Tues - Upper power/ Lower power

Upper power -

WEIGHTS IN KG

Bent over row
wu - 60x25
wk - 100x5, 110x5, 120x5

Weighted pull up -
wk - bw+10x10, bw+15x6
(Had no belt today so was pissing about with a db between my feet)

Wide chins - Done slow with full range of movement, pause at bottom, squeeze at top.
wk - 7, 7

Flat dumbbell press - brief pause at bottom of each rep, full rom obviously.
wu - 30'sx12
wk - 40'sx5, 44'sx3, 40'sx5

Weighted dips - Again no belt today so pissing about with db between feet. brief pause at the bottom, keeping elbows from locking out full until last few reps.
wu - bwx15
wk - bw+15x9 (then db dropped from between feet -.-) continued set and did an extra 7 with bw only, bw+20x7
(These could of been better)

Dumbbell shoulder press - Not had these in my routine for a while so was just getting form back more than anything this week. No lock out at elbows, full rom with brief pause at bottom.
wu - 20'sx15
wk - 30'sx5, 34'sx5, 30'sx5

Ez curls - full rom, stretch and squeeze. Weights are not including the bar.
wu - 20x15
wk - 40x10, 50x7, 40x10

EZ skullcrushers - elbows tilted back to place constant tension on triceps, controlled movement throughout. Weight not including the bar.
wu - 20x15
wk - 40x8, 30x10, 30x10
(constant tension kills me on skulls, weight used drops alot for me when the movements fully concentrated but really fcuks me up!)

OVERALL -
Good workout, really enjoyed my first day of PHAT. This weeks weights were a little off as i hit the upper end of the designated rep ranges on a number of my exercises, next week i will be going heavier and bringing the reps completed more towards the lower end of the range.

LOWER POWER -

Squat -
wu - 60x10, 100x10
wk - 160x5, 170x4, 172.5x4

Front squat - First time doing this exercise for about 2 years.. kept weight low and got for on point ready for increase in weight next week.
wu - 60x15
wk - 80x10, 80x10

Leg extensions - controlled negative, explosive positive with brief hold at the top.
wu - 40x12
wk - 65x10, 80x8

Stiff legged deadlifts - Not done these in a while so experimenting abit with weight and form.
wu - 60x15
wk - 90x8, 90x8, 100x8
(Rep range for these was meant to be 5-8 so now ive got my form down i will be increasing the weight next workout.. my legs were pretty much in pieces now anyway)

Leg curls - squeeze in contracted position, controlled negative
wu - 20x15
wk - 50x10, 75x6

Calve press - Done on the leg press. Full stretch, full contraction onto toes.

wk - 150x10, 170x10, 200x7

Smith standing calve raise -

wk - 100x10, 100x10

(Will be going heavier on both calve exercises next week to bring numbers towards the lower end of the rep range, itis 'power day')

OVERALL - Enjoyed the workout especially the squats, and stiff legged deadlifts. definitely felt my hamstrings post workout. I will try my best to improve upon ALL of these lifts next week, but im not delusional and expecting to gain alot if any whilst cutting, i am natural and plan to maintain my strength whilst cutting slowly for as long as is possible to shed fat and keep as much muscle as possible.

Its a rest day today but i will be going to the gym for some boxing circuit style cardio tonight and some abs.

Bring it.
Post 8 IP   flag post
bunter225 private msg quote post Address this user
2 strong sessions man, I found I went over a few of my target reps aswell, got carried away! More weight!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thanks bro, yeah supose its just adjusting to the routine, sure we'll both kill power next week and get some good numbers
Post 10 IP   flag post
Did an hour cardio tonight involving heavy bag work, skipping, toe tabs on box just below knee height.
(Edit: when i say an hour cardio i dont mean i was doing these constantly in circuit fashion for an hour non stop, i mean i did these in circuit style sets with rest between e.g. 50 explosive punches, skip for a few minutes, 50 toe taps REST then repeat kind of thing, although i didnt count reps tonight just did as much as a felt like on each)

Then did 6 sets of heavy machine crunches between 10-15 reps (despite reading a thread on here earlier explaining the long term effects on your back) haha

bring on hypo back/ shoulders tomorrow!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Millennium1 private msg quote post Address this user
I'll be keeping tabs on this thread as well. I have been cutting using PHAT for the past 11.5 weeks and plan to keep going for another 12 at least. I'll see if I can keep up with you. Good luck!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium1
I'll be keeping tabs on this thread as well. I have been cutting using PHAT for the past 11.5 weeks and plan to keep going for another 12 at least. I'll see if I can keep up with you. Good luck!

Sounds good buddy, hows your cut going? do you have a log on here?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Trained back and delts tonight, had a pretty good workout. Concentrated on the form of each movement and dropped my weights from what i would usually use to get a mind-muscle connection throughout the movements e.g. concentrating on squeezing my lats to move the weight on close grip pulldowns then continuing the squeeze throughout a slow negative allowing the weight to stretch my lats. Was hard work and pretty intense but loved it will post numbers in the morning.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Millennium1 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium1

Sounds good buddy, hows your cut going? do you have a log on here?

I don't have a log on here. I'll probably start one since people actually seem to communicate with each other on this board.

My cut has been going well. I've lost about 5 inches from my waist and around 23 lbs. I was also able to keep my lean muscle which was important to me. I've been working with a trainer who has helped me along the past 3 months.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Sounds great buddy keep at it! if you do a log let me know.

Due to family problems ive had to take a few days off the gym yesterday, today, and tomorrow. I feel like battered shit with no outlet for my stress and it kills me missing a single workout but family has to come first. I will be back logging my workouts from monday and will continue were i left off beginning the week with legs hypo, then chest and arms hypo on tuesday.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Was back in the gym tonight after having to skip the gym yesterday 'not lighlty done believe me' and hit legs hypo day!

kept rest periods very short throughout which was very intense! felt as though i was going to pass out a number of times.. but thats just leg day haha.
Also i concentrated on full rom, and really felt the mind-muscle connection i kept throughout the workout help hit the target muscles hard.

speed work -
squats -
wu - 100kg x10
wk - 6x 120kg x3 (30 seconds between sets)
felt very light more like a deload than anything but enjoyed it.

front squats - ass to grass.. with a pause at the bottom before powering the positive. im weak at these but not a bad thing it just means theres an great area for growth 'thats my way of justifying my weakness ;p'
wk - 90kg x8, 80kg x10, 80kg x8
1 min rest between sets

leg press - really deep controlled reps without fully locking out knees.
wk - 270kg x15, 310kg x15

around 2 1/2-3mins rest between these sets (didnt time rests on these)

leg extensions - controlled negatives explosive positive with squeeze pause at the top of each rep
wk - 50 x15, 35 x18, 30x15

45 seconds rest between sets.. felt more like drop sets and after front squats and leg press i couldnt walk after! oh, wait.. romanian deadlifts..

romanian deadlifts - my legs were in pieces by this point and shaking..
wk - 90kg x12, 90kg x10, 90kg x10
my legs felt like they were going to buckle from underneith me so didnt any more weight than this would of just been dangerous haha.

2mins rest between these sets.

leg curls - full rom with squeeze in contracted position and controlled positive
wk - 40 x20, 60x12
1 min between sets ouch.

(remained sat there for around minutes until i was able to walk again..)

calve press on leg press - by this point my calves were alot stronger and less damaged than the rest of my legs, great feeling. full stretch and squeeze and press with toes.
wk - 170kg x10, 130 x12, 130 x10, 130 x10
burnout set-
90 x10 (10 sec rest) 90 x10, drop to 50 x15

Overall -
great workout, although the weights werent amazing i made the most of every rep and really put myself through it intensity wise, my legs felt so pumped at the end i was struggling to stand in the shower they were shaking haha! im gonna have to try hard not to get into bulk mode on this program cause it just feels like i should be adding mass with this mentally, however im cutting so need to adjust my mind set. i really needed this workout, its amazing how you can walk into the gym stressed out with a thousand problems, then walk out totally relaxed and care about nothing.

Im also dropping the NO Explode from my pre workout and just gonna take my caffiene supplement, been using pre workouts constantly for a few months now and think its time to cycle off them for abit plus im convinced its not good for cardiovascular health in the long term.

Bring on chest/arms hypo tomorrow!!!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Chest/ Arms hypo day.

Again as its hypo day ego got left at the door and lighter weights were used with full rom and stretch, squeeze,controlled repetitions. I also kept rest periods pretty brief on a number of exercises.

Speed work - Flat db press -
6x 32kg db's x3 (15 seconds rest between sets)

Incline db press -
wk - 36kg db's x10, 8, 8 (30 seconds rest)

Hammer grip db press slight incline -
32kg db's x10, 10, 10

Cable crossover (shoulder height setting on the cables) -
wu - 10 x20
wk - 15 x15, 15 x15
(2ish mins rest between sets)

Ez close grip preacher curls -
wk - 30kg x12, 11, 9 (30 seconds rest between sets)

Db concentration curls -
wk - 18kg db x10, 10 (1minute'ish rest between sets)

Incline machine curls -
wk - 25 x20, 40 x15 (1.5mins rest between sets)

lying barbell extensions (skulls)-
wk - 50kg x9, 50kg x9, 40kg x9
(weight drop on last set was due to me increasing the angle and pressing further out over my head without resting atall between reps continuous movement)

Rope attachment pressdowns - again keeping perfect form, bringing the ends of the rope down and out to the sides and squeezing for a second(which f@#&ing burns) before slowly controlling the negative back to the starting position leting the weight stretch my tricep with the arm in a flexed position before begining each rep.
wu - 12(number on stack)x20
wk - 25 x12, 22.5 x12 (30 seconds rest between sets)

Cable kickbacks -
wu - 3 x20
wk - 5 x15, 5 x15 (1 min rest between sets)

Overall - A good workout. ive cut out my pre workout supplement now so was expecting a little crash in the gym but i felt pretty good, had a good pump, and enjoyed the new routine. sides of my chest are sore this morning from getting a good stretch with the db presses last night. really feeling good.

No weight training today, however im going to go do some cardio and abs tonight
Post 18 IP   flag post
TheBangBus private msg quote post Address this user
Briefly looked over you numbers... Pressing some weight... Keep it up!!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Thanks BangBus! will do. Upper power today
Post 20 IP   flag post
Upper power day - in kg

Bent over rows -
wu - 60 x25
wk - 120 x4, 112.5 x5, 105 x5, 100 x5
felt i should have starte with lower weight and worked up rather than the other way round. also felt i should have rested more between sets i get to impatient.

weighted pull ups -
wk - +20kg x6, +20kg x6

wide chins -
wk - x10, x10

weighted dips - using dip belt
wk - bw+20 x10, bw+30kg x7

flat db press -
44's x2(failed 3 think the dips got me .. reste for about 5mins then continued.
wk - 40's x5, 40's x5, 40's x5

military press - swapped in instead of seated db press
wk - 70 x5 ... after this set something didnt feel right in my scapula so opted out of continuing with these this week as i felt i would be risking an injury if i did.

ez curls -
wk - bar+50 x6, +45x8, +45x8+3 forced reps

ez skullcrushers -
wk - bar+40kg x10, +45 x6, +40 x10

overall -
dissapointed that i opted out of military press but had to listen to my body. arms still a little sore from chest/arm hypo on monday so that could have contributed to the lack of improvement on the babell rows which i felt i could improve on last week. not really missing my pre workout yet however im sure as my cut continues i will do when energy levels drop.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Yesterday was cardio, the day before was lower power, tonight is back/ shoulders hypo!

ive been busy at work but will write up the details of each workout later tonight when im back from the gym.

bring it
Post 22 IP   flag post
lower power -

squats -
wu - 60x10, 100x10
wk - 160x5, 170x4, 172.5x4

front squats -
wk - 80x10, 80x10 still getting form right..

stiff legged deadlifts -
wk - 90x8, 110x8, 120x5

power cleans - (spur of the moment.. i know its alot of upper body aswell)
wk - 80x3, 80x2, 60x10, 60x10

leg extensions -
wu - 35x15
wk - 85x10, 95x9

leg curls.. decided to save until leg hypo day as well.. i was fcuked.

calve press on leg press -
wk - 150x10, 180x10, 210x7

standing calve raise on smith -
100x10, 100x10, 100x10
(kept this the same weight and reps as last week as for some reason it made sense at the time to concentrate on trying to increase the last 2 sets on the previous exercise for calves and use those as the progressive sets... i increased both these sets by 10kg this week which was great.. but think it as tiredness from the drop in kcals and a demanding workout that made me stick at this weight)

crunch machine -
wk - 70x15, 70x15, 70x15, 70x15, 70x10

overall -
a great workout the squats felt alot harder than last week at the same weight and reps but thats gotta be because ive dropped kcals, im just glad i maintained it. i was very happy that i increased my stiff legged deadlifts, and my calve press. think i need to rest a little longer on my power days though as i seem to get very impatient and like keeping intensity so to rest for longer periods is a challenge by i will get there. really liking the frequency of this routine although can definitely see myself needing a deload week in 4-5 weeks time on the power days as im sure the frequency will catch up with me whilst cutting.

trained back shoulders hypo which was a mix up of everything barbell rows, military press, different raises, chins, dumbbell rows, close grip pulldowns, rear delt cable flyes.. yeah i did damage tonight a good hypo day.

looking forward to legs hypo tomorrow.. and a cheat food for me tomorrow night, first cheat food for 2 weeks i know i should probably go longer but.. woooo! bring on the cheesecake! haha
Post 23 IP   flag post
Sorry for the lack of numbers from my hypo days this was because they were more varied and intense and i changed the weight addin, reducing when needed with drop sets etc higher rep work etc

leg hypo day i did 10sets of leg press with the heaviest set been 370kg x15reps.. my legs were killing my yesterday.

felt pretty weak on shoulders during the hypo, thinking of swapping in back/chest and arms/ shoulders vs the back/ shoulders and chest/ arms im doing at the mo.

did boxing cardio last night.

upper power tonight! bring it!

settling into my diet now so dealing with any cravings pretty well, feel as though my abs are coming out more and my sarratus so feeling good so far
Post 24 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome log bud!! Doing a good job man! How much weight have you lost so far? And how much more do you want to loose?? Btw PHAT is hands down the shizzzzz nazzzzzzz
Post 25 IP   flag post
Thanks buddy Ive only lost just under 4lbs so far but the difference in the mirror seems greater which is what counts! i wanted a program which would help keep as much strength as possible throughout cutting and think PHAT is definitely the best program going to help me do that. i will try to keep logging my numbers on the hypo days in future as this week i didnt.
im just aiming to lose around 1.5lbs a week and adjusting kcals and adding extra cardio as needed throughout, dont really want to risk trying to lose more than that been natural as i feel muscle loss will be inevitable if i did. overall goal is just to get as lean as possible before a lean bulk.

Do you have a log on here mate?
Post 26 IP   flag post
what are these green thumbs up in the corner of the txt boxs? ive clicked a few and assume they mean good post? haha
Post 27 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB
what are these green thumbs up in the corner of the txt boxs? ive clicked a few and assume they mean good post? haha

Hahaha, Thats how you rep a post dude. Thats why by my name it says 15,589 or something, and yours says 13

Just a way to like a post similar to Facebook.
Post 28 IP   flag post
dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
15,862... Thats cute.
Post 29 IP   flag post
dwatson private msg quote post Address this user
lol jk bro i <3 you
Post 30 IP   flag post
340764 47 30
destitute