Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
ChestInjury RecoveryNewbie

sternum pain, and cracking, any idea why?7013

mrwrangler24 private msg quote post Address this user
hey guys, ive always had pain in my sternum when i did dips. but it would usually go away right after, but lately, i get the pain when i wake up, or move really quickly. but the weirdest thing is when i stretch my chest , i feel the pain, my sternum cracks (like a knuckle) and it feels a whole lot better.

does any one know why the pain is there, and if its normal. also is there any way to cure it, or prevent it?

thanks in advance guys
Post 1 IP   flag post
Tyr private msg quote post Address this user
Does it hurt if u press with ur fingers on the sternum?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Markovich private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know why, but I get it also whenever I do dips.
I think I made a thread with the same question and I got answars saying it was normal. Nothing to worry about.

I don't know how much pain you have, but with me it comes and goes
Post 3 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
And this is reason #36 that I don't do dips.
Post 4 IP   flag post
salvati5 private msg quote post Address this user
This doesn't sound too normal. If you ask your doctor he's probably going to say just not to do dips. So just stop doing dips see if the paint goes away.
Post 5 IP   flag post
kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user
Try taking a supplement for joints. I know the sternum isn't a joint but ya never know. Or an anti inflammatory and more water intake. I had it happen multiple times but never pinpointed it to and certain movements. Eventually it went away. I asked others about it and like @Markovich said, I was told not to worry.

It's just a really weird feeling to pop your sternum lol
Post 6 IP   flag post
Dirkenhiemer private msg quote post Address this user
I would stop doing dips. Do skullcrushers, pushdowns, etc. If you want a power movement do CGBP instead.
Post 7 IP   flag post
340734 7 7
destitute