Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
FailurePHATSplit AdviceTraining Programs

so training to failure is not good?6952

In4gainZ private msg quote post Address this user
That's why you are going for failure on the LAST set so it won't damage the first sets
Post 26 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by In4gainZ
That's why you are going for failure on the LAST set so it won't damage the first sets

exactly
Post 27 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Of course not its just an example because you are looking at the total poundage for an indication of quality so if I'm working by your formula lame 225 x 10 with the total of 2250 are a lot better than 400 x 5 whice are only 2000. The way you are measuring the growth potential is completely wrong.

Growth does not occur as easily from very low rep training though. Sets of 3-5 are great for strength, joint power, and developing the CNS, but they don't get enough blood flow into the muscle to facilitate the same kind of growth as slightly higher reps. -3X
Post 28 IP   flag post
It depends on the different muscle anatomy of every person, and the muscle type slow/fast twitch
Post 29 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Quote:
It depends on the different muscle anatomy of every person, and the muscle type slow/fast twitch
Generally, no. Most people have the same amount of fast twitch and slow twitch fibers, unless they are in the less than 1% that are considered outliers (ie, professional athletes). As a general rule, though, anatomy doesn't change between people. -3X
Post 30 IP   flag post

Black people have mostly more fast twitch fibers statistic and about the muscle anatomy of course everyone is built different and like Alex said some things are working for him but not for others
Post 31 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
@In4gainZ lol such nonsense. Where do you even come up with this stuff? If black people have "mostly more fast twitch fibers" (not even sure what that means) then why are so many marathon runners balck? Why aren't there more successful white distance runners? And why do you suppose there aren't more black powerlifters and strong men? "Everyone is built different"?? Really? Do you have more arms or legs or vertebrae than someone else? Everyone (generally) is built the SAME. What you do with that build differs based on training. -3X
Post 32 IP   flag post
WinnersNeverQuit private msg quote post Address this user
@eknight am i right in saying that although people are born with the same fibres, the type 2b fibres if constantly exposed to longer duration exercise can be changed to type 2a muscle fibres, however the process cannot be reversed?
Post 33 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
I was taught in anatomy that there's not enough evidence to suggest changing fiber type is possible. -3X
Post 34 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
damnnn. My Anatomy teacher, and exercise physiology teachers taught me that fiber type CAN be changed.. However, not generally from type I too type 2 but they can be adapted from 2a too 2b and vice versa (depending on if training aerobic system or anaerobic)
Post 35 IP   flag post
Okay, I was curious about this as i'm keen to try out some volume training after my next cut, namely vince gironda's 8x8 routine, but I was worried about the possiblity of losing some of my strength long term as a result of fibre type change, think i'll do something a little like phat (my own version) to be on the safe side
Post 36 IP   flag post
well..... your fiber types won't change unless you start running long distance marathons or endurance training
Post 37 IP   flag post
well vince gironda's 8X8 was as it says 8 set of 8 with as little as 15 seconds of rest between sets, which was why i was a bit wary of it
Post 38 IP   flag post
damn sounds hard core haha... but if you wanna try it I don't see anything wrong with giving new programs a go. Learn a few things about your body/recovery rate and who knows... maybe its best for your body. If not then maybe there are a few things you can take on with it... Good too keep an open mind
Post 39 IP   flag post
SwoleAnimal private msg quote post Address this user
Vince Gironda is my daddy. I follow his mantra and drink Reo Blaire crazy man protein
Post 40 IP   flag post
yeah i guess, i've incorporated it before and on hack squats, it's absolutely fucking brutal haha
Post 41 IP   flag post
hahah sounds it!!!!
Post 42 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
Ek what do you think about what a few of the Bulgarian coaches wrote on, they reckoned by training at high percentages and high volume you could actually eventually change the nature of muscle fibers/
Post 43 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Again, I was taught that this is not accepted by the clinical community. You can change within the type (ie, IIa can convert to IIx and vice versa), but not through training, change between Type I and Type II muscle fibers. Rather, a higher % of Type I may be recruited than Type II (and vice versa) depending on the stress placed upon them through training. I am aware, however, that new research is being conducted to challenge this thought, but as of now, it hasn't been conclusive. -3X
Post 44 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
Certainly interesting.
Post 45 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
Very interesting thread. I was a big volume junky and always kept a rep in the tank. Now im training DC style and every set is to failure, and im having great gains. But i keep my rep range the hypertrophy zone~ not super low rep range
Post 46 IP   flag post
pandasashi private msg quote post Address this user
@In4gainZ , go home, ur drunk.
Post 47 IP   flag post
340762 47 22
destitute