Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
ChestSplit Advice

Chest Workout help needed!6858

KalletSc private msg quote post Address this user
So after pressing 90-105lb dumb bells and inclining 185 for low reps over the last few months, I have slightly tweaked my right shoulder. Tomorrow is my push day and I want to get a good workout in before I bash, but I also want to keep my shoulders from getting too worn out. Anybody have any suggestions for Pec workouts to get a good workout in, but not tax my shoulders heavily? Heres my current idea...how does this look?

Push Hypertrophy:
1) 5 mins of Rotator Cuff Work
2) Hammer Strength Chest Press 3x12
3) Decline DB Press 3x12..slow controlled negatives
4) Incline Flyes (Light) 3x15
5) Lateral Raises Super set Light Arnold Press 4x12
6) Rope Pushdowns 3x 10. Strict form.
Post 1 IP   flag post
sean14 private msg quote post Address this user
stretching between each set and keeping strict controlled form with your elbows tucked tight(not flaring out at all) and flat bench shouldnt be taxing on your shoulders! Also a wider grip on incline barbell press on the smith machine is a great mass builder without to much shoulder involvment as well as partial reps in the lower half range of motion on incline dumbell press with your elbows actually tucked too
Post 2 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean14
stretching between each set and keeping strict controlled form with your elbows tucked tight(not flaring out at all) and flat bench shouldnt be taxing on your shoulders! Also a wider grip on incline barbell press on the smith machine is a great mass builder without to much shoulder involvment as well as partial reps in the lower half range of motion on incline dumbell press with your elbows actually tucked too

Just....No.
Post 3 IP   flag post
pandasashi private msg quote post Address this user
^ lol.

if ur shoulder's a bit sore, i would stay away from flys completely.. thats just me tho, my shoulder always pops out when i do dumbell flys haha
Post 4 IP   flag post
Zyzzst private msg quote post Address this user
@sean14 you are dumb....dont tell him to do those things...flat bench is actually the most taxing exercise on your shoulder because it puts it at an unstable position...get out
Post 5 IP   flag post
Diaz private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandasashi
^ lol.

if ur shoulder's a bit sore, i would stay away from flys completely.. thats just me tho, my shoulder always pops out when i do dumbell flys haha

This. Only thing they recommended I didn't do when I sprained my shoulder this summer. You should also do non-static stretches of your rotator cuff preferably with an elastic or something, and adjust weight to your comfort level, don't get ambitious for now lol
Post 6 IP   flag post
I think I'm just going to drop the weight, get a muscle mind connection, and go for a killer pump. Also, i'll take out the numerous drop sets i usually do and just hit straight sets.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Dukenhiemer private msg quote post Address this user
Press to death and flye to the heavens.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Well I did the push workout and felt pretty good. Did 5 moderately heavy warmup sets of bb bench, 3 sets of chestpress, then decline dumb bells for sets of 8. By this point, i could feel my shoulders getting tweaked so i just finished pecs off with the pec deck 3x. Went onto a light superset of lateral raises and arnold press, then finished off with tricep pushdowns, then 25mins of light cardio. Overall, i feel great and i just had my first small thanksgiving meal. 6oz turkey and a big slice of pie..about 600 cals. Thanks for the suggestions guys!
Post 9 IP   flag post
igg private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean14

Just....No.
actually, the part about not flaring your shoulders is right. Vertical grip takes away the stress from the shoulders, there is no way you'll be able to do the same weight with vertical grip that you do with horizontal because of this.
Post 10 IP   flag post
340734 10 10
destitute