Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
ChestSplit Advice

Wsb and hot ass6716

In4gainZ private msg quote post Address this user
On Wsb why doing only 5 sets of 5 reps for 80% on bench press I can rep 80% more than 8 sO what's the point of doing that low weight and only for little reps and how do I progress? Can I go also below 5 reps and increase weight ?
Post 1 IP   flag post
adam82a private msg quote post Address this user
I only clicked on this thread to see a hot ass. The disappointment can not be described in words.
Post 2 IP   flag post
AarronStenner private msg quote post Address this user
Dude jusy follow the program!!! Ive been following it and made loads of strength gains; stop making it complicated. If you dont like it and the way you keep complaining its showing you dont move on to something else
Post 3 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AarronStenner
Dude jusy follow the program!!! Ive been following it and made loads of strength gains; stop making it complicated. If you dont like it and the way you keep complaining its showing you dont move on to something else

^^This.

@In4gainZ if you can do more than 5 reps @80%, then that's likely not truly 80% of your 1RM. You don't really seem to like WSBB very much. Every thread you start seems to buck the system. -3X
Post 4 IP   flag post
eventheodds1 private msg quote post Address this user
@eknight This like fifth thread complainin?
Post 5 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
@eventheodds1 I know, right? -3X
Post 6 IP   flag post
Hooahhhhhhh fucking apple safari I had JavaScript disabled and I couldn't reply that's why I always opened new threads and EK U can check max rep calculator type in 100 kg for 5 and see what u get and trust me it's not anywhere 80%
Post 7 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
What is your one rep max? Paused on your chest- not bounced or touch and go? -3X
Post 8 IP   flag post
115 kg and I can rep 100 more than 7 times easily how? I don't knOw I guess the calculator is not working for everyone
Post 9 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
You are able to pause- completely rest the 115 on your chest- and press it with perfect form? -3X
Post 10 IP   flag post
No I do it normally why should I stop it ? Just touch the chest and go and btw floor press is easier than regular bench press?
Post 11 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
you sir are a complete and utter douchebag !
Post 12 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
WSBB is for powerlifting. In a meet you have to pause it. It makes a massive difference. So, no, don't just touch and go. -3X
Post 13 IP   flag post
So it's going to be much lower than my current max? And you can lift more weight on floor press or bench?
Post 14 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Yes, it's going to be lower, and yes floor presses are easier. -3X
Post 15 IP   flag post
Ahhh that's why I did only 105 for 4 on fp although it's much easier because I didn't stop the bar on my chest and last question ek for how long should I rest the bar on my chest? And why powerliftets doing it is it better for explosiveness ? I just care about making strength I'm a rugby player so what's the optimal way for me touch and go or rest it for couple seconds it's just the same principle as box squat
Post 16 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
They rest it because if they don't they could cheat by bouncing. It's not a long pause, just a quick half second or so.

Skip to 1:30 for how it's done:

-3X
Post 17 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
wooo sick video
Post 18 IP   flag post
Floor press are harder due to no leg drive and very little lat involvement and zero momentum
Post 19 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by In4gainZ
Floor press are harder due to no leg drive and very little lat involvement and zero momentum

No. Floor presses should be easier, because you're only doing half the motion. -3X
Post 20 IP   flag post
SimplyHarvey private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah the range of motion and subsequent force required is significantly less on a floor press.

H
Post 21 IP   flag post
340764 21 21
destitute