Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Imbloodythin private msg quote post Address this user
Hello there, i'm trying build up my chest muscles due to them being flat. Currently I am only doing push ups.

15 normal push ups
15 military push ups (hand width = shoulder width)
15 diamond push ups

These will be done as one set, and I do 3 sets.

Are there anymore pushups or work outs that I can possibly do to build my pecs. Preferably no weights please. If you do know any work outs involving weights please share too.

And also due to me being a bit of a thin guy, what foods should I eat and at what time of day should I eat them.
Post 1 IP   flag post
McQueef private msg quote post Address this user
Why the aversion to weights?

Flat Barbell Bench Press should give you the best results.
Post 2 IP   flag post
UmichBrah private msg quote post Address this user
If you want to achieve hypertrophy in your chest, you need to progressively overload your pec muscles. The best way to do this is from lifting. I'm sorry, but I really don't think only doing pushups will create the look you are going for.

Do yourself a favor and get a gym membership. If you want to get started working out, I highly suggest starting with a full body routine. Only working out your chest will do nothing for you, and is plain silly. There are tons of beginner full body routines out there on the interwebz, a quick google search lead me to this http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/3-full-body-workouts-for-size.htm

As for your diet, if you are looking to put on size, you need a caloric surplus. You also need to intake a reasonable percentage of protein. Depending on your weight, I'd suggest anywhere from .75-1g of protein per pound that you weigh. Fats are important for hormone production, you should keep them around 20-30% of your daily intake of calories. If you're trying to gain weight, I can't express the importance of doubling your protein intake with carbs. For example, you intake 150g protein, I suggest eating 300+g carbs, ect.

That's pretty much all I can think of right now
Post 3 IP   flag post
Imbloodythin private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks a lot for your help, and yes of course I do work out my other muscles but its as though the hardest is my chest. I will see to it that I get a memebership ASAP thanks for your help
Post 4 IP   flag post
Swift private msg quote post Address this user
If your going to just do push-ups, add something to it like weight on ur back, an incline or negatives. My reccomendation would be to go down as slow and controlled as u can, pause and hold (still contracting at the bottom) and then explode back up. Just doing a few sets of 15 rep body weight push ups won't get you very far. But I spose it's better than nothing :p
Post 5 IP   flag post
340764 5 5
destitute