Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
ChestSplit Advice

Chest development6658

In4gainZ private msg quote post Address this user
So ek says that u can't target the upper chest but the thing is that my lower chest is m u c h bigger than my upper one I mean I barely have a n y upper chest but my lower chest is Hugh and very developed so what can I do in this case is it just fucked up genetics or maybe doing upper chest exercises can helP me like it did for the1 and a lot more ppl
Post 1 IP   flag post
Dukenhiemer private msg quote post Address this user
1) Use proper English
2) Bench press more
3) Lose bodyfat
Post 2 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
The fibers of the pectoralis are significantly thicker at the sternum vs the clavicle. That's the reason the "upper" area seems slower to grow- less fibers and less thickness of fibers. Continue training hard and heavy and have patience. -3X
Post 3 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
man, lol.. start PMing people or something, sick of seeing your stupid threads every 5th one..

my chest is genetics, it has always grown faster then the rest of my body and whenever I gain weight it's the first place I notice.

just a heads up
Post 4 IP   flag post
UmichBrah private msg quote post Address this user
Incline barbell press. Incline dumbell press. Incline flys. Low cable crossovers.

Include these into your routine if you want to build your upper pec more, I've been doing so and have had really good results.
Post 5 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Smh. Here we go again. -3X
Post 6 IP   flag post
leave it be ek :P if they want to learn they will use the search button.
Post 7 IP   flag post
bunter225 private msg quote post Address this user
You should do 3 sets on every incline that the adjustable bench can do....

Dont forget incline press ups, incline sit ups and incline treadmill walk. All vital to the very seperate upper chest area
Post 8 IP   flag post
Lmao.
Post 9 IP   flag post
AarronStenner private msg quote post Address this user

Post 10 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by UmichBrah
Incline barbell press. Incline dumbell press. Incline flys.

I've been doing nothing but Incline movements, and my lower chest is still exploding. I don't get it at all..

I mean, I can feel my Upper Chest working During the pressing movements, but its not growing at all, its just making my lower chest grow even more!!

Any advice dude!?
Post 11 IP   flag post
In all honesty I've always noticed the upper portion of my chest to fill out more with incline barbell and dumbbell presses. !but I only add th in every other seek
Post 12 IP   flag post
DazeTheOne private msg quote post Address this user
I see a lot of guys with big upper chest DB Incline Press with at very low angle . They also use a lot Hammer Strength incline .
Post 13 IP   flag post
I never do presses for my chest, I do all iso movements, it's made my chest grow like mad!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Diaz private msg quote post Address this user
But who was Hugh?
Post 15 IP   flag post
sickrykes private msg quote post Address this user
@Dukenhiemer what do you do? just dumbbell/ cable flys?
Post 16 IP   flag post
Swift private msg quote post Address this user
This started off serious, then some advice got given, then some more and then the trolling began :p

What EK meant with his comment saying here we go again is that you can't isolate your upper chest, it's one muscle, it either contracts or it doesn't.
Sorry to wreck the trolling but it was painful to read
Post 17 IP   flag post
Nyko private msg quote post Address this user
Looking forward to someone asking about isolating inner/outer pec and pec minor isolation.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I isolate my jaw muscles by ticking my armpits!
Post 19 IP   flag post
UmichBrah private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
Quote:

I've been doing nothing but Incline movements, and my lower chest is still exploding. I don't get it at all..

I mean, I can feel my Upper Chest working During the pressing movements, but its not growing at all, its just making my lower chest grow even more!!

Any advice dude!?

Start your chest workouts with incline exercises, that way any exercise you do for chest after that will fatigue your upper chest even more. I always start with incline dumbell press at a 30 degree angle. I also really like low cable crossovers. LOVE THEM. Cables as down as low as they can go, arch your back, step forward and bring your arms up from below. I can't stress the importance of drop sets too, I do drop sets on exercises that target the bodyparts that I feel like I need extra work on.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Nyko private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
Quote:

Any advice dude!?

Start your chest workouts with incline exercises, that way any exercise you do for chest after that will fatigue your upper chest even more. I always start with incline dumbell press at a 30 degree angle. I also really like low cable crossovers. LOVE THEM. Cables as down as low as they can go, arch your back, step forward and bring your arms up from below. I can't stress the importance of drop sets too, I do drop sets on exercises that target the bodyparts that I feel like I need extra work on.

I hope this is just general chest advice not "upper chest" advice.

notsureifsrs
Post 21 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight

-3X
Post 22 IP   flag post
340617 22 22
destitute