Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
PHATSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Trying Out Phat6543

DazeTheOne private msg quote post Address this user
Planning to do PHAT. Any tips or recommended changes i should do before i start the program? Im looking to build strength and gain size as well.

Some stats..

Bench 175 x 6
Squat 255 x 6
Front Squat 190 x 8
One Arm Standing DB Press 50 x 7

those are my stats but ive prolly gotten weaker since i havent hit the gym or been good lately since hurricane hit. gym been closed for a week, no food at home.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Zyzzst private msg quote post Address this user
good luck man, just follow the routine on SS and make slight changes if you want, and watch the gains come!
Post 2 IP   flag post
thanks man. the only thing so far that bothers me a little bit that the volume for shoulders/arms seems kinda low.
Post 3 IP   flag post
AverageJoe private msg quote post Address this user
nah its perfect imo.. just try it
Post 4 IP   flag post
Mikhail private msg quote post Address this user
its fucking great. best routine ive been on.
Post 5 IP   flag post
ok will do. one more thing. would it be fine to do upper and lower power days the same day? one in the am and the other pm because its really hard for me to make it to the gym 5 days week. most i can do atm is 4
Post 6 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DazeTheOne
ok will do. one more thing. would it be fine to do upper and lower power days the same day? one in the am and the other pm because its really hard for me to make it to the gym 5 days week. most i can do atm is 4

No no no no no no no no no

Combine Combine arms and shoulders with chest and back if you HAVE to make it a 4 day split. but DO NOT combine upper and lower power. thats just silly.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
Quote:
Originally Posted by DazeTheOne

No no no no no no no no no

Combine Combine arms and shoulders with chest and back if you HAVE to make it a 4 day split. but DO NOT combine upper and lower power. thats just silly.

So itd be:

Sunday-Upper Power
Monday-Lower Power
Tuesday-Rest
Wednesday-Chest/Back Hypertrophy in am and shoulder/arm hypertrophy pm
Thursday-rest
Friday-Lower Hypertrophy

seems easier
Post 8 IP   flag post
Dukenhiemer private msg quote post Address this user
Much better. You would destroy yourself if you did both power days in the same day.
As far as PHAT goes, it's a great routine, my favorite thus-far. I'm a power-lifter at heart, so I get the best of both worlds!
Post 9 IP   flag post
thanks a lot guys. gotta admit out of all forums i've visited you guys have been the nicest lol.
Post 10 IP   flag post
340630 10 10
destitute