Shannowman's phat log6070

Scotian private msg quote post Address this user
Nice physique man
Post 351 IP   flag post
shannowman private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks bud.
Post 352 IP   flag post
tamere01 private msg quote post Address this user
Definatly seeing improvements man from your latest pics and the ones from aug.
Never asked but how tall are you and how long have you been working out?
Post 353 IP   flag post
I'm about 5ft 9.5. I started playing with dumbells in my room about 4 years ago. I first went to a proper gym January 2011 but got the fire in me about feb 2012 and started doing things with purpose.
Post 354 IP   flag post
So did upper power in my garage gym fortress of solitude. Went out for a few drinks last night for one of my best friend's 21st, didn't go mad, but didn't get a whole lot of sleep.
Kept it short and simple.
Db bench- 42x8, 48x6,6, 40x8
db row- 58x6,6,6,6
mil press- 55x6,6
bb row- 60x15,15

also, started writing out sheiko yesterday, working out the lift percentages and when i saw it written out like that and knowing that i will also be training with two guys who will be lifting a fair margin less, it was infeasible to run at the moment. With changing weight and waiting for equipment in the busy uni gym i estimated it'd take 3 or so hours to get through. In a term where i have to hand in dissertation and have exams i can't commit that much time.

Instead i'm going to give 5/3/1 a run for at least the next 6 months, longer if i like the set up. I've got my notebook with the lifts all written out and i'm running it with the Dave Tate peroidization accessory plan. It looks like a very intelligent system and i'm really excited to get back to the north and get going.

Also, never really listened to this song properly, but today in the garage i realised it may be the greatest workout song ever! Listen to the lyrics. I love Disturbed, but i think this, the night, haunted, prayer, stricken and overburden are their best.

Post 355 IP   flag post

johon6 private msg quote post Address this user
can definitely see the definition difference dude !!!
Post 356 IP   flag post
Thanks bud.
Post 357 IP   flag post
Did a lower body workout this morning. Was at home so did a few sets of front squats, 7 sets of sldl with the bar in the picture, some farmer's walks and uphill lunges. Not long now till i'm back in a well equipped gym for a good stint.

Post 358 IP   flag post
So I'm back in the north. Just been and done a sort of deloaded back and shoulders- a few speed rows, some ohp, pull-ups, rows and abs.

Will do a similar intensity Tomorrow and Saturday then go back to full speed to start 5/3/1 on Monday.
Post 359 IP   flag post
Weighed in this morning, havn't been on a scale in a few weeks so i wasn't quite sure what to expect. Did a video straight after, hadn't eaten so look flat, but it shows how my cut progressed. feel free to take guesses at what you think the weight might be.

Post 360 IP   flag post
Just done legs. Standard fare of speed squats some paused squats, 2 sets of 16x100, some sldl, front squat and calves.

Took a preworkout for the first time ever. Got my own caffeine, citruline malate, beta alanine and arginine and mixed them. Felt a lot of focus, got very little muscle fatigue it felt like. But the tingle from the beta alanine wasn't very comfortable. Was like an itchy feeling.

Last phat workout tomorrow.
Post 361 IP   flag post
G3NGHIS private msg quote post Address this user
Looking good dude, good luck with your paper!
Post 362 IP   flag post
tamere01 private msg quote post Address this user
Last phat workout means the start of your power focused split so in for that!

And im a terrible and I mean TERRIBLE judge of weight but you seem like a lean middle weight so around 75-76kg ish??
Post 363 IP   flag post
Damn tamere you got it near spot on. Was 76.8, 168ib. More than I expected to lose, but I guess that happens to everyone. Waist is down to 29.5". Strength has gone up and I'm 18ib down from the peak of my bulk.

And yeah, power time starting Monday!

Thanks for consistently following this log guys, I don't get a lot of traffic, but it means a lot to have a few regulars who care.
Post 364 IP   flag post
WinnersNeverQuit private msg quote post Address this user
Getting seriously shredded now, you going to carry on for a while longer?
Post 365 IP   flag post
Thanks man. No, I think I'm going to try and find maintenance. Might take a few weeks to dial in though so there is a chance I'll get a little leaner.
Post 366 IP   flag post
Fair enough, what're your lifts on the big 3 now?
Post 367 IP   flag post
185 squat, 140 bench and 220 dead. Getting on 5/3/1 on Monday and going to stay on it till I get to 210, 160, 240 ish at my current body weight.
Post 368 IP   flag post
Oh nice, I though you were going to go on sheiko?
Post 369 IP   flag post
That was the plan, but when I started writing it out and took into consideration I train with guys who would need less weight at every set it was looking like workouts would be hours long. If I was training alone I'd have gone for it, but I can't commit 2+ hours a day in my last term at uni unfortunately. I may run it in the future.
Post 370 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
looking solid my man, great work and great #'s !
Post 371 IP   flag post
Last phat workout done! Thanks to those who followed the log. Not sure I'll make a 5/3/1 log as the forum seems to have enough right now.

Just having a BBQ in a brief bit of English sun.
Post 372 IP   flag post
340752 372 22
destitute