Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Chest

Any way to build the width of your chest?5905

Markovich private msg quote post Address this user
Is there any way to builde the width of your chest and making it wider?
I heard that doing cable fly's or dumbell fly's help, but is that true? =)
Post 1 IP   flag post
moke912 private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah every exercise make your chest stretch when the lowering part of motion will help you to build wide chest that means all the chest dumbbell exercises because the dumbbells let your hands go lower .
Post 2 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
The shape of your chest is primarily determined my genetics. Anything that "increases" width is also going to increase every other aspect of your pecs. -3X
Post 3 IP   flag post
SwoleAnimal private msg quote post Address this user
The way i learned it was presses for thickness and flys for width. Is this another piece of broscience?
Post 4 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Only half broscience. Presses will add thickness, but there's no way to change the width. FWIW, flies will add thickness as well. I have a study somewhere that shows comparable muscle fiber recruitment between presses and flies, but with presses, you can go so much heavier, it causes more overall growth, and thus, thickness. -3X
Post 5 IP   flag post
BEASTIX private msg quote post Address this user
so why bother with flys anyway?
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
Did you not read the part where I said they hit the pecs in the same way? Once your delts and tris are exhausted, flies can be a great addition to target the pecs further. -3X
Post 7 IP   flag post
Markovich private msg quote post Address this user
I will start doing 3-4 sets of flys after my bench pressing and see how that goes =)
Post 8 IP   flag post
340764 8 8
destitute