Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
Chest

Quick effective upper chest workout5806

Dukenhiemer private msg quote post Address this user
Looking to get a big and beautiful upper chest?
You've come to the right place!
The routine is as follows:
Heavy ass bench press
Heavy ass dumbbell bench
Don't be a pussy and bench some more
Be sure to take your glutamine when you're done!
Post 1 IP   flag post
EFJK private msg quote post Address this user
Don't forget to include your Kegels into this workout for a strong/10 upper chest!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Diaz private msg quote post Address this user
Is it okay if I take glutamine after and before? and in between, with olive oil?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Absolutely, I encourage you to drink six protein shakes a day to keep yourself in an anabolic state. No carbs or fats are needed!
Post 4 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Don't forget about leg raises to target the lower abs.... Or was it upper... Hmmmmm
Post 5 IP   flag post
freakgeek private msg quote post Address this user
What if you already have a big beautiful chest? :o
Post 6 IP   flag post
Yes @norida, leg raises are essential for lower abs, working lower abs also spot reduces fat! It's just a win win.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Diaz private msg quote post Address this user
No carbs after 4pm and squatting in the curl rack are key too right? sry I am new here
Post 8 IP   flag post
Ahhhh speaking of curling in the rack, I had to wait to squat today because some ass clown decided to curl and the rest were being used... I about shit on his face!!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Girls don't count!!
Guys, I have a secret, I'm actually a girl pretending to be a guy.
I'm sorry.
Post 10 IP   flag post
tarotale private msg quote post Address this user
just wanted to ask a question. so if doing flat bench or flat db press, or flat bench flies affect the whole peck, then why are there even incline presses or flies?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Ttime21 private msg quote post Address this user
i always knew it duke!! u cheeky cunt u
Post 12 IP   flag post
Because not everyone realizes this bit of broscience.
It wasn't until I could bench 225+ for reps that I started seeing separation in my chest... and I used to do inclines like a mother fucker.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Zyzzst private msg quote post Address this user
Shut the fuck up phaggots you can work your upper chest with incline dumbbell presses...get fucking lives pussies
Post 14 IP   flag post
TheBangBus private msg quote post Address this user
Your all wrong...where's cozy????.... quick effective broscience workouts are his territory
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzzst
Shut the fuck up phaggots you can work your upper chest with incline dumbbell presses...get fucking lives pussies

How very quaint of you.
Post 16 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
And incorrect. -3X
Post 17 IP   flag post
jmill private msg quote post Address this user
Ok so this is mainly for EK, is it possible to work the upper portion of the chest to a greater degree than the rest of the chest (notice i say portion not just upper chest) taking into account that some movements place larger focus on either the sternocostal or clavicular parts of the chest. Eg) if you place your shoulder joint at 90 degrees flexion from this point further flexion can be felt more in the clavicular portion while extension from here can be felt in the sternocostal portion. I don't know whether this means more fibres are being recruited from this area was just wondering what your thoughts on this are.
Post 18 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
lol i know everyone hates on incline, but I love them.. incline dumbbell presses, incline dumbbells flys, incline barbell or smith..

and i will never take them out of my routine because "flat" targets the whole chest, incline serves a purpose aswell.. just like decline.

once you plateau on flat forever you're going to need to switch it up.
Post 19 IP   flag post
The Dark
Knight
eknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmill
Ok so this is mainly for EK, is it possible to work the upper portion of the chest to a greater degree than the rest of the chest (notice i say portion not just upper chest) taking into account that some movements place larger focus on either the sternocostal or clavicular parts of the chest. Eg) if you place your shoulder joint at 90 degrees flexion from this point further flexion can be felt more in the clavicular portion while extension from here can be felt in the sternocostal portion. I don't know whether this means more fibres are being recruited from this area was just wondering what your thoughts on this are.

No. A muscle either contracts entirely along the lengths of its fibers from origin to insertion or not at all: the pectoralis major is one muscle with one point of insertion on the humerus. -3X
Post 20 IP   flag post
Zyzzst private msg quote post Address this user
ek why you always fall for deee troll?
Post 21 IP   flag post
SwoleAnimal private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukenhiemer
It wasn't until I could bench 225+ for reps that I started seeing separation in my chest... and I used to do inclines like a mother fucker.

Any tips to get bench press number up? I've always had a difficult time bench pressing. I go up and up and up and then it shoots back down and stalls. I've benched the same weight for like 2 years lol
Post 22 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoleAnimal
Quote:

Any tips to get bench press number up? I've always had a difficult time bench pressing. I go up and up and up and then it shoots back down and stalls. I've benched the same weight for like 2 years lol

My guess would be that you're focusing on too high of a rep range, like 6-10, rather than sets of 3-5.

But I can't give much more advice, since idk what you're doing! lol.
Post 23 IP   flag post
AverageJoe private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoleAnimal
Quote:

My guess would be that you're focusing on too high of a rep range, like 6-10, rather than sets of 3-5.

THIS AND CALORIES BIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCHHHH

edit: (said in a polite way)
Post 24 IP   flag post
SwoleAnimal private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorIda

I will try this! I also suck at military pressing. I will try this on all presses. Only thing im good at is arms. I can blast those suckers with extreme volume and they grow like weeds
Post 25 IP   flag post
Dirkenhiemer private msg quote post Address this user
One must not forget wearing a faggot cutoff, and then stare at yourself in the mirror while doing dumbbell curls to look like a sick kunt. This definitely helps your bench! When I wear a cutoff to the gym, my bench shoots up 50 lbs and my arms grow 33 inches.
Post 26 IP   flag post
@Swole
There are a few things you can do.
One, strength has a lot to do with your CNS it is completely possible to get stronger while on a cut.
Two, 3x3 has been my bread and butter for increasing my strength. Train in the low rep range.
Three, SPEED BENCH, this is critical in strength gains.
Four, make sure you are training your shoulders heavy as well. On top of that incorporating floor presses, CGBP and the like will help the top half of your lift which is where I usually fail.

Hope this helps!

In the last six months doing this I have gone from benching about 225 for reps to this next week where I'll be doing 260 for 5x3. It takes time so be patient!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Oh and I weighed 168.5 this morning.
Post 28 IP   flag post
jmill private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzzst
ek why you always fall for deee troll?

Wasnt trolling at all, I already knew what ek said and agree with this principle that the whole muscle contracts, just trying to further my knowledge and find an explanation to why the upper part of the chest feels more fatigued after inclines.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Markovich private msg quote post Address this user
I did only incline bench press, and incline bench press with dumbells for about 2 months.
It increased the weight I worked out with in as little as 3 weeks.

I am quite new to training in general. but I did 4 sets of 8 reps with 40 KILOS (80/85 lb?) And I had a stop for safety because I struggled on the 7th and 8th on the last two sets.

Today I train with 55 Kilos, 4 sets of 6 reps.
I think that's insane because I increased so fast. =D
And in those 2 months I got a little better at flat bench and bench press. So I think it goes both ways
Post 30 IP   flag post
340617 33 30
destitute