Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
eingold private msg quote post Address this user
my chest seems to lack in the strength and size department and ive noticed it is not getting as sore as it use to anymore i do mix up my exercises and splits? ive noticed i am not gaining strength or size anymore if anything i am losing strength? is this a size i should work it twice a week? my training split is as stand monday back-abs, tuesday shoulder triceps, wednesday off thursday chest,biceps, friday legs and abs

my chest routine is as stand
flat barbell bench press 4 sets (10-12 reps)
incline hammer press: 3 sets (10-12 reps)
incline dumbell press: 3 sets (10-12 reps)
cable flys: 3 sets (15 reps)

would you suggest throwing in another chest session and if so which day would u suggest and what exercises...
Post 1 IP   flag post
David_123 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm the exact same with my chest, I'm trying phat ATM to see if it helps get me some strength an muscle gainz, going well so far.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Amras private msg quote post Address this user
Take a little bit higher weight and lower your reps 2-4, so take 8-10 reps instead =)
Post 3 IP   flag post
brian12 private msg quote post Address this user
@eingold

SO you never do any sets with low reps?

I think you need may get results doing your first exercise in lower rep range (3-6) and then higher rep range like your doing for the rest. I've found my best gains come in the 6-8 rep range. You should try it out and see how u respond.

Training chest twice a week: One power low rep day and one hypertrophy day would be a good option for you. Have a look at phat routine for this^^

Also, I'd suggest switching from barbell to dumbbell on your first exercise - you may feel more chest activation and a better stretch at the bottom.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Popeye25 private msg quote post Address this user
5x5
Post 5 IP   flag post
alexmuller private msg quote post Address this user
PHAT!! I had the same problem until I hit chest 2x a week. One day 3-5 reps only, and 2nd day 10-15 reps and my chest has grown A LOT and getting tons stronger!
Post 6 IP   flag post
what day would u throw in the second chest day:
monday: back
tuesday: shoulders triceps
wednesday off:
thursday chest
friday: legs?

and ye i was doing dumbells as my firt exercise switched over to barbell to mix it up
Post 7 IP   flag post
David_123 private msg quote post Address this user
Sat or sun?
Post 8 IP   flag post
shockingfit private msg quote post Address this user
@alexmuller I'm also doing something similar to that.

Day 1 Tuesday - 4 heavy exercises: 3 barbell bench presses and weighted dips. 2 min rest and 4-8 reps.

Day 2 Friday - 4 isolation exercises: incline fly, pec deck, pullover and cable cross. 1:30min rest and 10-15 reps.

Seems to work great so far.
Post 9 IP   flag post
i did chest again on the sunday and felt good had no issues.. going to apply higher reps on thursday 10-12 and lower reps on the sunday to focus on strength thanks for the advice
Post 10 IP   flag post
340752 10 10
destitute