Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
PHATSplit AdviceTraining Programs

Question about P.H.A.T5611

RageBoy private msg quote post Address this user
Just started phat today, did my first upper power day, really loved it, but it is normal to not feel so tired, and not have any good pump, find it hard to feel it in back.

Also on speed work, where you are gonna do 6 sets of 3 reps with 65-70% of normal 3-5 rep max, would i do 3 reps, then 40-60 secounds break, then repeat for six times?

I see that it is only one chest exercices on upper power day, any reason for this? (Cleary layne knows his stuff)

Might just be that im not used to low rep workouts.

How would you guys progress on this workout program?
Post 1 IP   flag post
alexmuller private msg quote post Address this user
there are 2 exercises for chest on power days, unless you didnt get the program properly.

It is normal to not feel a pump, you are doing low reps so the blood wont rush into the muscles as if you would be doing 8-12 reps, plus you take much longer breaks. But the point is to make strength gains.
Post 2 IP   flag post
johon6 private msg quote post Address this user
http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-feature-layne-norton-training-series-full-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html

i just went in n copied this !
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmuller
there are 2 exercises for chest on power days, unless you didnt get the program properly.

It is normal to not feel a pump, you are doing low reps so the blood wont rush into the muscles as if you would be doing 8-12 reps, plus you take much longer breaks. But the point is to make strength gains.

Ah, so it is chest dips, not tricep dips, right?

Thanks for great answer.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RageBoy

Also on speed work, where you are gonna do 6 sets of 3 reps with 65-70% of normal 3-5 rep max, would i do 3 reps, then 40-60 secounds break, then repeat for six times?

Bump
Post 5 IP   flag post
NorIda private msg quote post Address this user
Impatient much? Bump something after days, not hours. this is ridiculous. lol.
Post 6 IP   flag post
340616 6 6
destitute