Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
nastybeast private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys i have a problem with the shape of my chest. i understand the thing about chest genetics and that its fixed, and u cant target specific parts of ur chest. however, my problem is that my right chest has very little or even no inner chest at all, while my left chest is full and really developed. is this related to genetics? if so why only my right chest has barely any inner chest. and IF ANY, how do i solve this?
Post 1 IP   flag post
AarronStenner private msg quote post Address this user
i dont no it it will work but you could try like one arm cable flys so on
Post 2 IP   flag post
craig private msg quote post Address this user
I'm guessing you use barbell bench press rather than dumbbell. I had the same problem as Id always used barbell, one of your arms tends to be stronger than the other so you'll lean the bar and push heavier with one side and it leads to an imbalance. I've recently switched to dumbbell bench press and I'm seeing a big difference.
Post 3 IP   flag post
im doing both. been quite a long while since but my right inner chest does not fill up any bit at all. left one is filling up though
Post 4 IP   flag post
Crypt private msg quote post Address this user
I've been having troubles with the same thing, left side of chest is larger than right.
I've searched about it and think it comes down to form mainly. If you switch to lighter dumbbells and ask someone to watch you form while you do a set, and really focus on getting a good mind-to-muscle connection in both sides of your chest.

Thats what I have been doing and it seems to be working.
Post 5 IP   flag post
cassious private msg quote post Address this user
I swear ive got a similar problem.. I think mines mind muscle it feels like the muscles on the left side of my body slightly contract better than the right its fucked up lol
Post 6 IP   flag post
Massthetics private msg quote post Address this user
@nastybeast exercises that have given me mad gains...

slow cables with a mad stretch

weighted push ups

deep incline d bells

god hard and eat well brotha
Post 7 IP   flag post
btw guys. my chest has an empty void in the middle of the lower pecs too. just above the upper abs. i heard its genetics and its quite common to have this "void". dam it looks like my chest have quite alot of problems :/. do anyone have this too?
Post 8 IP   flag post
T1no1 private msg quote post Address this user
You can try smith machine bench press and focus on right chest
I heard this guy had the same problem

Post 9 IP   flag post
Mazz private msg quote post Address this user
Do you play guitar? A buddy of mine who does has one side of his chest ripped and toned the other kinda flabby due to the constant pounding one side of his chest sort of takes over years of playing...
Post 10 IP   flag post
hurricane92 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by T1no1
You can try smith machine bench press and focus on right chest
I heard this guy had the same problem

My arms are bigger than that dude's thighs! WTF!?!?
Post 11 IP   flag post
the1 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by nastybeast
btw guys. my chest has an empty void in the middle of the lower pecs too. just above the upper abs. i heard its genetics and its quite common to have this "void". dam it looks like my chest have quite alot of problems :/. do anyone have this too?

ive always had that space man, over time my chest completely filled out.. when i used to flex my pecs it wasnt a straight line down, on my left side it curved towards my nipple..

i just kept working chest over the years and the bigger and stronger it got, the better it looked.. and now its barely noticeable.
Post 12 IP   flag post
d0minat0r private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe try out cable crossovers, or dumbbell flys. It might just need time to catch up to the otherone. Just focus on the contractions and do light weight 12-15 reps probably.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nastybeast

ive always had that space man, over time my chest completely filled out.. when i used to flex my pecs it wasnt a straight line down, on my left side it curved towards my nipple..

i just kept working chest over the years and the bigger and stronger it got, the better it looked.. and now its barely noticeable.

Thx dude. It's good to know someone have been through this and overcomes it.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazz
Do you play guitar? A buddy of mine who does has one side of his chest ripped and toned the other kinda flabby due to the constant pounding one side of his chest sort of takes over years of playing...

I used to play the guitar but it was only for a short period of time probably 3months?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Zny93 private msg quote post Address this user
@nastybeast I think that mazz is onto something, I've been playing guitar for about two years and my right side is a lot more progressed than my left. Try doing dumbell bench presses to even the weight out!
Post 16 IP   flag post
340624 16 16
destitute