AarronStenner private msg quote post Address this user
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/19449377

Hate the media on times !
Post 1 IP   flag post
johon6 private msg quote post Address this user
W.........T.........F !!!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Zyzzst private msg quote post Address this user
i have one word for that article.....stupidmotherfuckerwhowroteitshouldkillhimselfandthekidwhodidtheinterviewisabetaphaggot
Post 3 IP   flag post
Maarten private msg quote post Address this user
Okay, wtf?

"Although he still takes protein and creatine gym supplements he says he has cut down from seven to four shakes a day."
WHO the fuck needs 7 or even 4 shakes a day?

"Protein - needed for muscle growth"
Nope amino acids.
and then the article says amino acids are needed to build protein. Okay this is true, but totally out of context.

I also have one word:
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Post 4 IP   flag post
and people pay money for these dietacians
Post 5 IP   flag post
Maarten private msg quote post Address this user
Haha I laugh at dietacians. They know shit!
Post 6 IP   flag post
your right there mate
Post 7 IP   flag post
the thing is, where is the evidence, the study, the test subjects to prove this !

the guy who turned nasty ! i wanna know what he was taking tbh !
Post 8 IP   flag post
protein rage hah!
Post 9 IP   flag post
^^^^ i'll have some of that save taking a preworkout ! lol
Post 10 IP   flag post
yeah :L its most likely the same principle as roid rage. It doesnt exsist; when people get bigger it gives them confidence leading to standing up for themselves or being cocky haa
Post 11 IP   flag post
MrMailliw private msg quote post Address this user
I choose you, Layne Norton!

It's super effective!
BBC bullshit news has fainted!
Post 12 IP   flag post
i agree with layne. Complete bullshit on most myths
Post 13 IP   flag post
igg private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AarronStenner
yeah :L its most likely the same principle as roid rage. It doesnt exsist; when people get bigger it gives them confidence leading to standing up for themselves or being cocky haa
not a myth bro, it's real just not to the extent that the media make it out to be.
Another thing, the article does not say protein made him angry, he just says a supplement did. Though still, i wonder what supplement this was - probably a pre workout? It is right in the sense too much protein can have a negative impact but surely it's not in the range of after 55g per pound of bw.
Post 14 IP   flag post
well depending what you think is to much protein i advise watching the layne norton video
Post 15 IP   flag post
iLogic private msg quote post Address this user
"Although he still takes protein and creatine gym supplements he says he has cut down from seven to four shakes a day."

There's your problem chief
Post 16 IP   flag post
I no; I have two a day max
Post 17 IP   flag post
cardinal private msg quote post Address this user
BRB, on dat no protein bulk.
Post 18 IP   flag post
kickinchicken private msg quote post Address this user
@MrMailliw - Great vid. I've read and heard the argument so many times that I just started ignoring it. But for some reason reading that article just kinda hit a nerve this time.

Everything I've ever discussed with multiple MD's, and the only proven medical data that I've ever seen, was that YES, "Too much protein is bad for your kidneys." But that TOO MUCH means more that 30% your caloric intake for an extended period as time, especially when taken as a SUPPLEMENT with NONE OR NEAR NO NATURAL PROTEIN INTAKE. So with a 2500 cal/day intake you would need to consume more than 750g of protein supplement daily, for an extended period of time (however long that would be) with no fish, chicken, peanut butter, etc. And almost every study discusses how when the body breaks down too much protein you become more acidic, which of course, after a while begins to break down tissue and then the whole glomerular filtration process in the kidneys. But it also means that you'd have to be eating a very off balanced diet for the process to occur.

Also,

"It felt like I was on drugs. I was shaking and I got angry. It also had an effect on my girlfriend who didn't want to be around me when a had taken it."

If I don't feel like I'm on drugs from a pre workout STIMULANT then I get something else. lol
Post 19 IP   flag post
Feros private msg quote post Address this user
He only got mad and shakey 'cause he looked the the mirror and saw a beta.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Swift private msg quote post Address this user
They're basically calling dmaa and all those other stims and what not, 'Protein' saying all protein powders are bad. Sure if you consume bulk amounts of dmaa you're going to have side affects and if your body cant tolerate it, its not going to make you feel well...but thats dmaa not Protein...these guys will do anything for a story :/
Post 21 IP   flag post
340609 21 21
destitute