Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingDiet AdvicePHATProgress UpdateSplit AdviceTraining Programs

So close to giving up.5297

jozh22 private msg quote post Address this user
So Start of the year I was about 69kg, not sure what body fat I was and was just doing what ever I felt like in the gym.

Mid March I started following this routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147447933&page=1

End of March, got a skin fold Test. Was at 74.8kg/19.6% bodyfat (60.2kg lean mass)

Went on a Cut
Start of May, 70.8kg/15.7% bodyfat (59.7kg lean mass) - Dat dere muscle loss
Mid June, was eating around maintenance here, 71.kg/15.1% bodyfat (60.7kg lean mass)

Started a Clean Bulk at the end of June.

Pritty much my day to day diet.

Supps:
Opti Men
4 Fish oils a day
Zinc
Magnesium
5000UI Vitamin D3
1000UI Vit B12
5g Creatine Mono

Today, im 74.5kg/18.1% bodyfat (61kg lean mass)

I feel like the past 6 months have been a complete waste, sure I have gained some strength, but I have not gained any Lean Mass. wheres my noob gains
I really dont know what to do, ive been eating +300 Cals, Getting 8 hours sleep and following that routine.

Maybe I need to move to a split? Im thinking of doing Layne Nortons PHAT routine.

Ether my diet is shit, the routine doesnt work for me, or I have the worst genetics.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Maarten private msg quote post Address this user
Don't give up.
do what Alex says:
Post 2 IP   flag post
alexmuller private msg quote post Address this user
CUT!!! Iv seen it happen with many lifters, they gym gain some muscle and fat and eventually give up because they are unhappy with their body.

Get on a proper cut and lose the excess bodyfat till you are about 10% or even less, then get on a lean bulk.

No matter how much muscle you pick up with high BF% you wont see it.

Ask @SRoah he went through the same thing, he can help you out.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Nah its 300calories above maintenance.

Ive thought about getting on a nother longer Cut as its getting close to summer here, was first Day of spring 2 days ago.
I know I wont see muscle with high bodyfat, but what im saying is, ive had skinfolds done and my lean mass under the fat is no changing. I just gain fat when bulking.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Then you arnt working out properly, (although I doubt it you have gained nothing). I would strongly recommend a cut and start fresh.
Post 5 IP   flag post
johon6 private msg quote post Address this user
^^^
exactly what i'm doing, just finishing my first 12 week cut, gonna give myself a week off and just enjoy some time not worrying about my macros etc, and then hit another 12 weeker feeling fresh up towards christmas, enjoy christmas, and then another 12 weeker ! lol

i'm gonna do what alex says, i'm gonna keep cutting till i get the desired BF,
then i'll change my diet,
DON'T give up dude, just try something different, just give what alex is saying a try
Post 6 IP   flag post
AarronStenner private msg quote post Address this user
dude try 2 years. If you looked at my pics it looks like i been training a couple of months. You made the same mistake as me and most people out there; learn from it and start fresh.
Post 7 IP   flag post
SRorhrbac0808 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmuller
CUT!!! Iv seen it happen with many lifters, they gym gain some muscle and fat and eventually give up because they are unhappy with their body.

Get on a proper cut and lose the excess bodyfat till you are about 10% or even less, then get on a lean bulk.

this
Post 8 IP   flag post
jfjellner private msg quote post Address this user
Don't quit!! Think about how far you have already came.. if you quit.. you will bu further from your goals
Post 9 IP   flag post
ilifthard private msg quote post Address this user
I wanted to give up but meh... Don't stop working out man. It's like having sex with a girl and then you stop in the middle of the action without getting what you really want. <- Works for me, lol.
Post 10 IP   flag post
IrishGymSheep private msg quote post Address this user
Quit.

Because it doesn't get easier, your probably not genetically gifted gaining muscle or getting lean will not be easy.
If you don't want to do it then don't.

That being said, bodyfold tests are inaccurate.
Your program is retarded and you show little to no motivation.
Working out your metabolic rate is only and indicator you could be burning a lot less calories than you think and unintentionally taking in a big surplus.
You could have low testosterone or a problem with your thyroid gland.
If you really want improvements then there is a ton of areas you can improve, you gained knowledge and your in a better place than you were when you started.
Post 11 IP   flag post
TheBangBus private msg quote post Address this user
Grow some balls and suck it up you pussy, that or go get liposuction and start juicing.... either way your still a bitchhhhhhh
Post 12 IP   flag post
Jelet private msg quote post Address this user
Get ur test levels checked if u want... Get on phat and make sure ur diet is clean and nutrious... For the most part. And
Make sure ur sleeping enough and counting macros properly/proper macros..
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBangBus
Grow some balls and suck it up you pussy, that or go get liposuction and start juicing.... either way your still a bitchhhhhhh

Way to help someone out ! you should have a job as a motivational speaker ! he's looking for support, not a kick in the teeth
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmuller

^^^^^^^ this, i've been on a cut for 14 weeks now, and i've proably got another 20 weeks ahead of me, yes i've seen strength gains, my body compisition has changed, but i know i've got another 30lb or more to drop before i can even consider a bulk,

reason being is i'm a fat ass ! lol, i would love to stay at 239 lb as i am now and it just turn all into muscle and not lose the weight, but i gotta cut, i hate it, but if i want to reach my goal, it's gotta be done,
i said before, don't give up, just try something different,
like @jfjellner says, you stop now, you'll be further from your goals, you'll put on weight / lose muscle REGRET it badly and then want to start training again as you'll feel like shit ! and doing that will make the work harder dude
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelet
Get ur test levels checked if u want...

I did get them tested a bit over a month and a half ago.

^ Thats the results
My test was on the low scale, though my SHBG was really good, so my free test was somewhere in the middle? My DHEAS was low not sure if that matters to much? But my cholesterol was low, which ive been told gives you a lower test. For for the past month and a bit, I started having more Saturated fats(wasnt eating egg yolks before) and supplimenting Vit D3 in my diet to help boost my test naturally.
Post 16 IP   flag post
igg private msg quote post Address this user
Post 17 IP   flag post
^^^^ I lol'd !!!!!
Post 18 IP   flag post
@alexmuller

Shit mate, was looking up on transformations on BB.com
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/body-transformation-african-amateur.html

Noticed this was you, fcking good work.
I know you said to Cut, but im looking to start PHAT, is PHAT doable on a cut as I herd it can be very taxing.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Thanks man, all thanks to hard work, commitment, consistency and sacrifice.

Yes PHAT is doable on a cut, lots of the guys on the forum are cutting on PHAT. Ask @SRorh he is busy cutting with fat and is stronger than ever!!!

The first few weeks you might feel a bit tired and run down, but it will get better. Just make sure you are getting enough protein
Post 20 IP   flag post
NoLimitz private msg quote post Address this user
listen to everyone on here! these guys have a very good aspect on fitness and life in general. take bits and pieces and re-evaluate your diet AND MACRO NUTRIENT GOALS
Post 21 IP   flag post
340738 21 21
destitute