Stronger 24/7 - Stronger Everyday
Stronger 24/7 Forum
BulkingChestSplit Advice

Strength and Hypertrophy in same workout?5271

BWestern private msg quote post Address this user
Is it a good idea to target strength and hypertrophy in the same workout? Im bulking but also trying to considerably imcrease my strength.

Tomorrow is my chest day, so I was thinking of doing 4 sets of 10 on the incline bench for muscle hypertrophy, then 5 sets of 5 on the flat dumbell for strength.

Is this a good idea or should I dedicate the workout to either hypertrophy or strength, then target the other element in the next workout? Also, if I were to do this, what should I do first, strength or hypertrophy?
Post 1 IP   flag post
AverageJoe private msg quote post Address this user
You should start with the strength if you weant to incorporate strength training to your routine.

For example:

5x 3-5 flat bench press
4x10 incline
4x12 incline flies
4x15 pec dec
Post 2 IP   flag post
look at this workout! ran it for a couple of months, I loved it
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/4-day-power-muscle-burn-workout-split.html
Post 3 IP   flag post
igg private msg quote post Address this user
^ seems like the type of workout I do, start off with strength then finish more hypertrophy style. Never done "burn" sets. I'll give it a shot
Post 4 IP   flag post
Burn sets improve vascularity (getting a real huge pump) and therefore increase hypertrophy by improving nutrients transportation. You should use different rep ranges to hit all slow twitch and fast twitch muscle fibers. that workout is designed to do so!
Post 5 IP   flag post
340609 5 5
destitute